Crosscurrent x Ebike

Also adjustable is the maximum assist level. If you want to allow a younger/less experienced rider use your bike you can limit the amount of assist that can be accessed so they won't race off in "Race" mode! Other manufacturers should be envious of that. This is really a wonderful bike.
That may have been me. My CC "S" is labeled Class 3. I am sure the "X" models are labeled Class 2. Am only speaking about the CrossCurrent series because I researched these.
Do you know why they would label the s as a class3 and the x as a class 2?

@Cassidy Well that's the difference between them. But more likely they realize now that customers would prefer the Class 2 rating for some obvious reasons. Their previous selling point was the 28 mph speed these are capable of. Change is OK.

Ok well Im waiting for their response as to how it's labeled... Im sure all manufacturers would love to make a bike that is made for all three classes but can designate the one they want (labeling). I wonder what the legality is though.

The CCX is set up by the manufacturer as a Class 2 bicycle and it is labeled as such therefore it is legally a Class 2 bicycle. What the customer chooses to do later does not affect them, within reason. Have you heard a Harley Davidson with quiet mufflers lately? (I Wish!) They didn't ship that loud from the factory! Wishing you all the best in your bike selection and future rides.

Last edited:
The CCX is set up by the manufacturer as a Class 2 bicycle and it is labeled as such therefore it is legally a Class 2 bicycle. What the customer chooses to do later does not affect them, within reason. Have you heard a Harley Davidson with quiet mufflers lately? (I Wish!) They didn't ship that loud from the factory! Wishing you all the best in your bike selection and future rides.
Thanks for all your help :)

This Class 2 sticker came on my RipCurrent S. My wife's Cross Current S has the Class 3 sticker :-(.
My CCX also came with a class 2 sticker. There was something I read in the manual that when you set the bike to class 3 you must remove the class 2 sticker and there is a class 3 sticker underneath the class 2 sticker that came with the bike. I have not tried to remove the class 2 sticker so I cannot confirm if there is another sticker underneath.

My CCX also came with a class 2 sticker. There was something I read in the manual that when you set the bike to class 3 you must remove the class 2 sticker and there is a class 3 sticker underneath the class 2 sticker that came with the bike. I have not tried to remove the class 2 sticker so I cannot confirm if there is another sticker underneath.
That's interesting that they would put a class 3 sticker underneath. They want you to take the sticker off and on depending on what you set it too?

That's interesting that they would put a class 3 sticker underneath. They want you to take the sticker off and on depending on what you set it too?
Yes, they make the owner responsible for using the appropriate sticker. In your case set the top speed to 20 mph and put the class 2 sticker on.

Yes, they make the owner responsible for using the appropriate sticker. In your case set the top speed to 20 mph and put the class 2 sticker on.
Yes but In Calif class 3 is legal just not on bike paths. So it seems to me they are missing the marketing strategy in that I could switch from class 2 to 3 based on where I am riding. That is why I wondered about the sticker if one decides to go back to class 2 etc.

Thank you for bringing information about the stickers to the table, @KLee
@Cassidy can I ask if there are "sticker checkers" on the bike paths in CA? I've only visited Mt Shasta twice so that's all I know about CA. Honest. We don't have them here in PA that I know of.

Thank you for bringing information about the stickers to the table, @KLee
@Cassidy can I ask if there are "sticker checkers" on the bike paths in CA? I've only visited Mt Shasta twice so that's all I know about CA. Honest. We don't have them here in PA that I know of.
Sticker checkers ? lol ummm .... I doubt there are ...Im guessing that was sarcasm possibly suggesting it might be very hard to get caught. Well I can only tell you this, I choose to stick to most of the rules and realize there are reasons for the rules/laws we have. In Los Angeles we have some great bike paths by the beaches and inland, they are dedicated to bikes. I surely would not want to disrespect other riders in addition to the laws. So yes my priority is a class 2 bike with a throttle. If there are class 2 "hybrids" (meaning they can change classes) and it's legal, that's even better.

I choose to stick to most of the rules and realize there are reasons for the rules/laws we have.

No sarcasm was intended though humor was. I also share your respect for other riders. So, it's super easy to set Class 3 speed in the bike when you are on a road trip. No Class 3 sticker is required. Then change it back to Class 2 speed for the trails. Or just ride in a respectful manner within the trail speed limit without changing anything. Especially the Class 2 sticker; treat that little gem nice. This is how I ride on the Great Allegheny Passage nearly everyday. Road trips are a different animal all together.

juiced got back to answer my questions today:

"It's labeled Class 2. But underneath the Class 2 sticker there is a Class 3 sticker. "

and, sorry @Timpo
"Unfortunately, we do not have any Class 2 labels for purchase."

Thanks Rasan Aycox, Customer Support Manager

Back