Crosscurrent x Ebike

Cassidy

I have read and watched reviews on this bike. I guess the "s" version has been discontinued. But upon reading about the x somewhere it said the bikes ship as class 2 but can be programmed to go to class 3. Is that true? If so can it be used as a class 2 legally (in Calif) and are there class 3 stickers on the bike ? thanks

I have a CrossCurrent Air, the old school version of CrossCurrent and yes it does say Class 3 and says torque sensor even though it never came with it lol.

And yes, you can adjust the top speed of the bike, Tora was showing how to do it on Juiced YouTube channel.
Oh Ok too bad :( I understood based on the text I read that they sent them out as class 2. Im in Calif and I definitely want to use some of our bike paths by the beach etc but class 3 bikes are no t allowed on these. thank you :)

@Cassidy Have you emailed Juiced Bikes? It's a good question, whether they would put a class 2 sticker on it.
Yes I have twice and no response. I'm wondering if something is going on with their company. The s version is no longer available and I thought I read that the x was out of production. But I just looked again at their website and it says they ship as class 2.

Hi @Cassidy, there is a Class 3 sticker on the bike near the battery. You have to remove some yellow sticker on top of it to reveal it... I'm sure the yellow one was some warning... :D

Hi @Cassidy, there is a Class 3 sticker on the bike near the battery. You have to remove some yellow sticker on top of it to reveal it... I'm sure the yellow one was some warning... :D
Wow thank you.... Not a great sign then from Juiced when answering my questions...they said yes its shipped as class 2 .... Seems a bit deceiving.

You can adjust the top speed of CCX however you want.. it goes up to 99mph but I think the realistic top speed of CCX is 35mph??

Watch video at 13:48
The video is for CCS, not CCX, but they have identical LCD display.
Oh Yes I understand that but in Calif you are limited if you are using a class 3 bike --- and since it comes with a class 3 sticker they should not pretend that its a class 2 on their website or when responding to Emails. Thank you though :)

I have read and watched reviews on this bike. I guess the "s" version has been discontinued. But upon reading about the x somewhere it said the bikes ship as class 2 but can be programmed to go to class 3. Is that true? If so can it be used as a class 2 legally (in Calif) and are there class 3 stickers on the bike ? thanks
1561932929501.png

class 3 if you pedal no help assist after 28 mph unless you put it in Race mode.
I find it easy to attain > 30 mph
These jurisdictions don't want >20 mph on throttle alone

My CrossCurrent S, received in Jan this year, is also labeled as class 3. The CrossCurrent X is labeled as a class 2. Buy the new X model. You will be happy that you did. Things change, sometimes for the better.

In addition to the website saying they ship as a class 2 here is the response after I asked a question (which is a strange response as I clearly am asking about the class 3/class 2 designation based on real world usage) "Thank you for reaching out! The Crosscurrent is labeled as class 2 as this is how the bike comes limited and then you the user may raise the limitation through the LCD. All of our models can be used either pedal assist or throttle alone. " ----- Also note typically class 3 bikes do not have throttle without at least peddling 1 revolution.

@Timpo I have put the question of label availability to Customer Support. It's Sunday so I'll be patient for a day or two.
@Cassidy Walking my bike with four bags (touring) full of groceries into my yard requires climbing a small hill. I use the throttle - carefully -, rather than the walk-mode "-" button because it responds faster and supplies more power for the task. No pedaling is required. This is a double-edged blade, be careful of this at all times. Was that the strange part?

Im sorry, are you asking what was strange (referring to their response). If the Ebike industry has created classes that are defined as such and if the laws of each state define the uses of those classes, and each bike is labeled based on class, I do find it strange that the response is to call it a class 2 with a class 3 sticker (as one ccx owner above stated). I certainly would want to take advantage of our bike paths which limit the bike to a class 2 so it does matter.

This Class 2 sticker came on my (52V 19.2Ah) RipCurrent S. My wife's Cross Current S (48V 19.2Ah) has the Class 3 sticker :-(.

Attachments

• Class 2 Sticker.jpeg
    Class 2 Sticker.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 880
Last edited:
I have not accidentally hit the throttle in the six months I have owned my CCS. I have used the walk-mode twice up a 24% grade to a dr's office and was very glad it is equipped on my bike. Proof available on request.

Alray that is very strange as the Rip current goes to 28 mph. I guess Ill wait to see what Juiced says as far as labeling. Then the next question would be how can they get away with placing a class2 sticker on a bike that can become a class3 by programming. Im sure other manufacturers would not be too happy if this is all true.

The CrossCurrent series can meet the criteria for each class based on the users choice of settings. I personally would have preferred a Class 2 label on my CCS as more path options are available, as you are aware. Juiced has chosen to label the CCX by default as a Class 2 and set it up this way. It is a good thing for you. And it is very simple to change the setting.

The CrossCurrent series can meet the criteria for each class based on the users choice of settings. I personally would have preferred a Class 2 label on my CCS as more path options are available, as you are aware. Juiced has chosen to label the CCX by default as a Class 2 and set it up this way. It is a good thing for you. And it is very simple to change the setting.
Well if they label it a class 2 and the options are all three, that would be great but above, a person claimed they received theirs recently with a class 3 sticker

Also adjustable is the maximum assist level. If you want to allow a younger/less experienced rider use your bike you can limit the amount of assist that can be accessed so they won't race off in "Race" mode! Other manufacturers should be envious of that. This is really a wonderful bike.
That may have been me. My CC "S" is labeled Class 3. I am sure the "X" models are labeled Class 2. Am only speaking about the CrossCurrent series because I researched these.

Back