CrossCurrent S2 on order.....issues to look for?

CRFan1

Hi All,

Just ordered my first e-bike and its a Juiced CCX S2. I know its a gamble but I decided to save a lot of coin and go this route over a trek or Specialized, etc. Reading this forum makes me a bit nervous though and I was wondering if the S2 will have most of the bugs worked out? Is Juiced customer service ok these days?

Any tips on things to look for when I get it (Early August I hope)?

I've had a CCS for 2.5 years and something over 4.000 miles. The thing about this forum is, people talk about problems and look for solutions. As they should. But you get a lot more info about the problems that way. The thousands of satisfied customers don't write just to say everything's fine.

There have been some problems, like the spokes, that have been fixed. You just don't hear about that any more. There has been a problem with the fit of the battery. Either too loose, or in some cases the electrical connection isn't proper. I just got my second Juiced bike (Scorpion) and the battery connection is slightly different from my CCS. I'm thinking that this is an attempt to solve that problem. These newer bikes are just hitting the market, so we'll see if the problem has been solved.

But it's important to note that not everyone has had those problems. So you might be one of the lucky ones, and have absolutely no problems with your CCS2, in which case, good deal.

Normal stuff: You might have to futz around with the fenders when you first get it. It took me a while to get them sorted. Just a little rubbing or squeaking. It took me a week or two but I got them set right.

Some folks have had problems with chain drop. I've had it happen a number of times. Not all the time, but every so often. It's easy enough to fix. My take on it is that you have a high-speed bike, and if you're moving fast and make a shift when there is some irregularity in the road, it can drop off the chainring. That's been my experience anyway. Last time I replaced the chain, I took a few links out so it would have less slack. Seemed to help. YMMV.

You may want to change the seat. I rode mine for a few months, then got a Cloud 9. Love it. Some people have added a Thudbuster or something similar to smooth out the bumps in the road. The springs in the Cloud 9 did the job for me.

Unless they've changed the grips, there's no good way to put a mirror in the end of the handlebar. I use a helmet-mounted mirror, which works just fine.

That's all I can think of for now. Some others will have ideas too.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.! I actually found out that Juiced has XL frames in stock so I switched my order and will get it in the next couple weeks! I think I will fit better on the XL framed bike anyway!

Awesome! Thanks for the info.! I actually found out that Juiced has XL frames in stock so I switched my order and will get it in the next couple weeks! I think I will fit better on the XL framed bike anyway!
Ordered mine in May over 600 miles love my Rip Current . I had one issue BB made noise talked to Juiced sent them a video of sound. They sent me a new on plus new pedals. The customer service for me is 5 stars so far . I have a total of 5 bikes 3 regular and 2 electric bikes 2nd one on the way a Himiway for the wife . I do all my own work and realize there is alot more maintenance on an ebike then a regular bike. But if you go over the bike after every few rides you will eliminate many of the problems.

Back