CrossCurrent S - New Model

They put a watt hour and amp hour readout on the display. That's nice. JR seems to now use LG cells. I'm wondering if anyone feels confident in any performance cell? They seem to be using 3200 mah cells. They say 600 cycles to 60%, but what's the capacity at 200 cycles? And how useful is 60% of the original 12 amp hours. How do you get honest numbers for how quickly the capacity drops with increasing cycles on the battery? At least with a watt hour meter people can give their personal numbers, over time. If you need a lot of amps and you use most of the battery pack for high speed operating, the cycle life is critical. If you don't have enough battery, the speed matters a lot less. It's not a Juiced problem. But if I bought this bike (I don't want a commuter) I might temper my expectations somewhat. It's just a cost, but if a $500 pack lasts 200 cycles it's a lot more money than if it lasts 500 cycles. The bigger packs cost a lot more. It's sort of an engineering, design, ergonomics, and cost balance dilemma.

BTW, with 20 amps peak on the Cross Current S (960 watts) that basically brings it to parity with the Stromer ST2. Similarly equipped with the 1kWh battery the Cross Current S will be around $3k with the display, rack, fenders and lights. That's less than half the price.

Last edited:
The CrossCurrent S is in, apparently they'll be shipping to us who pre-ordered soon. Can't wait to get mine!

Anxiously awaiting mine as well. It will be my first e-bike. I have an 11 mile commute each way, which I only do about once a week once I factor in how long it takes (morning meetings often prevent me from bike commuting), how sweaty I am when I get there, and how tired I sometimes am after a long day of work. Hoping the CrossCurrent S will cut down enough on commute time and effort to allow me to do it more often! Looks like a really fun bike.

Anxiously awaiting mine as well. It will be my first e-bike. I have an 11 mile commute each way, which I only do about once a week once I factor in how long it takes (morning meetings often prevent me from bike commuting), how sweaty I am when I get there, and how tired I sometimes am after a long day of work. Hoping the CrossCurrent S will cut down enough on commute time and effort to allow me to do it more often! Looks like a really fun bike.

Sounds exactly like my situation. I'll be replacing a single-speed steel frame. It'll be different :)

What was your order no?

From someone on facebook: "I called sales right after I ordered our two CCS just after the first of the month. I wanted to make sure the frame sizes and colors we ordered were available. I was told at that time only 50 some of the 280 or so shipment had sold, so there would be no problem. I hope they're shipping in the order pre-sales were made."

1680. I also didn't customize the bike at all so all they had to do was slap a UPS sticker on the box and call it done. My guess is those with customizations could take a bit longer but I have no info to back that idea up.

Wow. I was in the low 2000s and ordered a couple weeks ago. They said mine should ship within 7-10 days of the arrival date from china.

Can anyone from Juiced Bikes comment on when the Cross Current S demo bikes will be shipping to dealers?

I’m definitely interested in upgrading from my CC to the new CCS. My 17.4Ah battery will swap right over and I think that extra 7 amps will make the bike almost perfect.

Back