CrossCurrent - need REALLY upright riding position - advice before purchasing please!

Team.. I'm strongly looking at a CrossCurrent (S2 model.. but I know dimensions are the same for the X model). I'm a big guy (6'4", 265 lbs)... 59 years old.. and have decided on the XL frame so the seatpost won't stick out TOO far.. . Due to WAY too many lower back surgeries, I have to have a COMPLETELY upright riding position (i.e. no lean over at all). On my current "regular" bike.. I accomplished this via an adjustable riser stem.. riser bars.. and some extra high bar ends for when I'm "cruising". Pic is attached. Yeah.. it looks a little goofy.. But.. I don't care what anyone thinks.. it works for me!

I contacted Juiced bike sales support.. wondering if I could order their riser handlebar (like they have on the RipCurrent) on the CrossCurrent. Answer was "no".. and.. ".. wouldn't work anyway because the hydraulic brake lines are too short...".

(In case anyone is asking.. No.. I don't want the RipCurrent.. for where I'm riding.. I don't want the fat tires...)

So.. wondering what specific high rise bars and stems anyone has used successfully to get a really upright riding position on the CrossCurrent. I have researched this more than I care to admit.. and the CrossCurrent looks to be the perfect bike in my price range IF I can fix the riding position.

I would love to do something like this bar
View attachment 55703

and one of the adjustable angle stem extenders.. Just don't have any way of knowing if this would work.. as it is hard to know how much slack is really in the cables..

I suppose I could (??) get longer hydraulic brake lines and electric motor control cable extenders too... but that seems like a lot of work..

Thanks to all!
Team.. I'm strongly looking at a CrossCurrent (S2 model.. but I know dimensions are the same for the X model). I'm a big guy (6'4", 265 lbs)... 59 years old.. and have decided on the XL frame so the seatpost won't stick out TOO far.. . Due to WAY too many lower back surgeries, I have to have a COMPLETELY upright riding position (i.e. no lean over at all). On my current "regular" bike.. I accomplished this via an adjustable riser stem.. riser bars.. and some extra high bar ends for when I'm "cruising". Pic is attached. Yeah.. it looks a little goofy.. But.. I don't care what anyone thinks.. it works for me!

I contacted Juiced bike sales support.. wondering if I could order their riser handlebar (like they have on the RipCurrent) on the CrossCurrent. Answer was "no".. and.. ".. wouldn't work anyway because the hydraulic brake lines are too short...".

(In case anyone is asking.. No.. I don't want the RipCurrent.. for where I'm riding.. I don't want the fat tires...)

So.. wondering what specific high rise bars and stems anyone has used successfully to get a really upright riding position on the CrossCurrent. I have researched this more than I care to admit.. and the CrossCurrent looks to be the perfect bike in my price range IF I can fix the riding position.

I would love to do something like this bar
View attachment 55703

and one of the adjustable angle stem extenders.. Just don't have any way of knowing if this would work.. as it is hard to know how much slack is really in the cables..

I suppose I could (??) get longer hydraulic brake lines and electric motor control cable extenders too... but that seems like a lot of work..

Thanks to all!

Hello,
I have two options that might help. I have my trek that i installed butterfly or trekking bars and it gives you many positions to ride. On my juiced Rip i install an adjustable stem but you can only go so far but it was enough to put me in more of an upright position.

Attachments

• CDD62278-D39B-49A6-8C50-89BD4DCA6F1E.jpeg
    CDD62278-D39B-49A6-8C50-89BD4DCA6F1E.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 355
Hello,
I have two options that might help. I have my trek that i installed butterfly or trekking bars and it gives you many positions to ride. On my juiced Rip i install an adjustable stem but you can only go so far but it was enough to put me in more of an upright position.

And this is what i bought for the Rip.

Attachments

• 96288B22-449E-4E8A-BCA1-BD2C8AD1CC82.png
    96288B22-449E-4E8A-BCA1-BD2C8AD1CC82.png
    467.2 KB · Views: 393
Back