Cross Current S LCD Display + Controller Upgrade for original Cross Current

Dunbar

I got the Cross Current S controller and LCD display installed on my 2 1/2 year old Cross Current. Bike is a real beast with ~50% more peak power (13 to 20 amps peak). It’s so much easier to cruise at 28mph now. I have a 17.4aH battery but I’ve been using my 10.4aH battery lately and burned through my 80% charge in 9 miles. I think I may have a bad display however because the battery voltage reads too high and the bike always gives me full power regardless of which setting it’s on. It did the same thing when I hooked it up to the stock controller so I think it the display may be malfunctioning. I also got the new Juiced horn installed and it’s pretty cool although I haven’t had much of a chance to test it out honking at cars yet :)

For anyone considering doing this upgrade here is a good tutorial on how to install it yourself:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Attachments

• BE58902F-0299-4A15-9315-FFC9F7E346C3.jpeg
    BE58902F-0299-4A15-9315-FFC9F7E346C3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 510
Last edited:
It is night and day between the CC and CCS. You should get yourself the headlight. The CCS controller has the wire ready to go. Doesn't suck up much power and runs right off the main battery.

I got the Cross Current S controller and LCD display installed on my 2 1/2 year old Cross Current. Bike is a real beast with ~50% more peak power (13 to 20 amps peak). It’s so much easier to cruise at 28mph now. I have a 17.4aH battery but I’ve been using my 10.4aH battery lately and burned through my 80% charge in 9 miles. I think I may have a bad display however because the battery voltage reads too high and the bike always gives me full power regardless of which setting it’s on. It did the same thing when I hooked it up to the stock controller so I think it the display may be malfunctioning. I also got the new Juiced horn installed and it’s pretty cool although I haven’t had much of a chance to test it out honking at cars yet :)

For anyone considering doing this upgrade here is a good tutorial on how to install it yourself:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Hey Dunbar,

How's your upgraded CC/CCS going since the upgrade? Did you work out the display issue? I have an original CC too, and I just ordered the parts to do the upgrade. I only have the 10.4 AH battery, so we'll see how it goes. Still only getting 9 miles on 80% of the 10.4 AH battery?

Thanks for posting this post! It's what inspired me to give it a shot.

It still works great. I ride it every day. Juiced sent me another LCD display but it did the same thing. So I’m on the original King Meter display (no speedometer) and just live without the LCD display. The extra power really transforms the bike.

It still works great. I ride it every day. Juiced sent me another LCD display but it did the same thing. So I’m on the original King Meter display (no speedometer) and just live without the LCD display. The extra power really transforms the bike.

Ok great! Thanks for the update!

Back