Creo have "walk assist mode"?

kahn

Region
USA
City
northWET washington
Okay, I admit that I don't know the answer and yesterday in a ZOOM call someone told me it did.

So, does it? And if so, how does one engage it.

Reason: I purchased a ramp to help me up/down my front steps due to my knee injury. Down I have try learning how to brake so that the bike does not run down the steps faster than my limping gait can accommodate.

Up, gravity wants to drag it back down the slope.

Thanks in advance.

Yes and no is the answer for my Mk1 Creo, in standard form it hasn't due to no buttons to change the assist, however I did a flat bar conversion on mine and fitted the Vado assist switch which features walk assist and it works fine.

I don’t believe the original Creo, with the original TCU, has a walk mode (if it does, color me stupid, because I own one) However, I found this, indicating that the MasterMind units do. What isn’t clear to me is whether that includes Mastermind on the Creo 2.
1716739324184.png

I have a 2022 Creo 1 with mastermind. If it has walk mode, I have yet to discover it. I'm pretty sure Amoto is right: Walk mode is within the scope of mastermind but it is not implemented on the Creo.

I have a 2022 Creo 1 with mastermind. If it has walk mode, I have yet to discover it. I'm pretty sure Amoto is right: Walk mode is within the scope of mastermind but it is not implemented on the Creo.
Perhaps you need to depress the Mode button on the Mastermind TCU and hold it?

Isn't the drop bar diameter 25.4 mm while the diameter of the remote is 22.2 mm, and it is a ring?
Creo has 31.8mm bars. I bought a switch intending to do the dI2 left shifter switch mod and when I plugged it in for a test it didn't work. I can't remember if the Creo SL 2021 connector was missing two of the control wires or if it was a program setting that needs to be change by the shop.
This is the inside of the switch.
Handlebar Control interior_resized.jpg

You would need to have one of the accessory bar adapter attachments with a 22.2 bar section to fit the control to a Creo. There are pictures somewhere in the forum with a Levo control mounted from a couple of years ago.

My Creo 2 has walk mode, but only because I use the Levo remote over the Creo version. Look under my Garmin and you can see the remote mounted under there. This remote is far easier to use the extra pages on the Mastermind TCU and I find it nice and easy to switch power modes. This remote also worked on the Creo 1 to get walk mode. Being an MTB remote, it does not fit as standard on a drop bar, but it does have enough material that you can bore it out and it will slide over the bars. However, the wire does get in the way, hence why I mounted mine where it is.

Attachments

• 0G6A7327.JPG
    0G6A7327.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 0G6A7328.JPG
    0G6A7328.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 85
Back