Creo 2 Friday Bling - derailleur cage

Dazmanturbo

Transforming the Creo 2 into a lighter bike and today took the form of changing the derailleur cage. A company in the UK, Ratio makes lightweight derailleur cages and I added these with my existing Garbaruk pulley wheels. It gives a nice weight of saving of 72g. While this may not be a massive weight saving, if I wanted to make that weight saving via changing the SRAM derailleur change, I would be looking at the XX0, which is eyewatering expensive. This cage was £90 (about $100 USD) but got it as a Xmas present.

These little weight saving do add up and now have taken over 2.3kg out of my Creo 2 Carbon Comp. The bike ride just prefect on road and light gravel, which is just as I wanted it.

Attachments

• 0G6A7135.JPG
    0G6A7135.JPG
    332.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 0G6A7134.JPG
    0G6A7134.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 0G6A7133.JPG
    0G6A7133.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 69
Transforming the Creo 2 into a lighter bike and today took the form of changing the derailleur cage. A company in the UK, Ratio makes lightweight derailleur cages and I added these with my existing Garbaruk pulley wheels. It gives a nice weight of saving of 72g. While this may not be a massive weight saving, if I wanted to make that weight saving via changing the SRAM derailleur change, I would be looking at the XX0, which is eyewatering expensive. This cage was £90 (about $100 USD) but got it as a Xmas present.

These little weight saving do add up and now have taken over 2.3kg out of my Creo 2 Carbon Comp. The bike ride just prefect on road and light gravel, which is just as I wanted it.
Looks great! Would love to see a list of other things you've done to shave weight...

I have changed the wheels (Newmen r38), cassette (Garbaruk 12 speed 10-50), cranks (Sram Force), tyres (Pirelli 28mm reflective), bars (RR Co-efficient) , seatpost (ergon CF3) and derailleur cage (Ratio). It has made the bike far more road focused, but still good on light gravel as per the Creo 1. Here is a photo of the build part way through. My bike being the Carbon Comp started at 14.4kg, so I now down in the low 12's. All upgrades cost me less than going up to Expert model

Attachments

• 0G6A7128.JPG
    0G6A7128.JPG
    403.8 KB · Views: 60
Back