Creo 2 Carbon Cranks

So this one should work?

131C02D3-8D50-4465-A699-B180119D166D.jpeg
BE73A654-89BA-41B8-817B-183332611565.jpeg

Ohne more try: is this the one, you have and that works? If so, i didnt fully understand, how you managed to remove the bolt. Perhaps you can explain it once again for „dummys“ ;-)

8B2E9ADF-6568-4AA7-9990-B3A7563A41B4.jpeg
AF0051A5-D65B-4880-905B-34F9D4D15173.jpeg

Ohne more try: is this the one, you have and that works? If so, i didnt fully understand, how you managed to remove the bolt. Perhaps you can explain it once again for „dummys“ ;-)

View attachment 176983View attachment 176984

You need to undo the 3 silver star bolts on the back of the spider and the spider comes away as per the photo below. You the need to remove the spindle from the non drive side by undoing the bolt so it is proud and giving it a wack with a rubber mallet. You will then end up with 2 arms that will bolt to the SL 1.2
1717433914483.png

How did you get the bolt (that says don’t remove) out? No matter how much force I use, it doesn’t move at all.

How did you get the bolt (that says don’t remove) out? No matter how much force I use, it doesn’t move at all.
The bolt is held in the lock thread, but it will undo with weight on it. Also found this video to show the spindle removal. Looks scary but done 3 of them now and dead easy

I don’t know what a lock thread is supposed to be? Thanks for the link, that helps a lot with the next step. But still I am not sure how to get that bolt out. As you said, you need to get it out a little before you give it a smack with the Hammer. Or can you smack it without getting it out before or smack a torx sticking in it?

I don’t know what a lock thread is supposed to be? Thanks for the link, that helps a lot with the next step. But still I am not sure how to get that bolt out. As you said, you need to get it out a little before you give it a smack with the Hammer. Or can you smack it without getting it out before or smack a torx sticking in it?
Thread lock is a glue applied to the thread to stop it coming undone. It is stiffer than a normal bolt, but will undo with turning force. Once this bolt is loose, this is the one that needs to be backed out so it can be hit with thee mallet to dislodge the spindle as per the video. I am now on holiday for the next 2 weeks in remote Norway with no wifi, so will unable to reply until I return if you have further questions

I purchased the Creo 2 Carbon Comp and this came with alloy cranks. On the Creo 1, the weight difference in the cranks was fairly minimal between alloy and carbon and I was expecting the same of the SRAM Dub cranks on the Creo 2. However, I found that the alloy SRAM cranks and weighty numbers at 260g a side. I priced up the SRAM carbon cranks and these are expensive. I found a set for £525 (but have seen then cheaper in USA at around $300.

However, I have found a extremely cheap way to get carbon cranks on the Creo 2 and save 200g. The SRAM BB30 cranks and the same interface as SRAM Dub. I picked up a set of SRAM Force Carbon cranks for £50, removed the spindle and they fit just fine. The only down side is the left side does not have a self extracting bolt, but how often do you take the left crank off?

So look at BB30 cranks with a bolt on spindle and make a big saving over the SRAM Dub ones and nice weight drop to.
Thank you for the excellent tip. My question: do the cranks close flush with the engine housing? Is the Q-factor changed? Would it be possible to see a photo from above? Best regards Willy

Thank you for the excellent tip. My question: do the cranks close flush with the engine housing? Is the Q-factor changed? Would it be possible to see a photo from above? Best regards Willy
I did not notice a change in Q factor. Here are the BB30 cranks on my bike. The drive side arm has the small silver ring for the normal spider to attach to, but I did not feel any additional width. I did feel the immediate lightness of the cranks and being fare easier to spin up with being much lighter.

Attachments

• 0G6A7616.JPG
    0G6A7616.JPG
    491.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 0G6A7617.JPG
    0G6A7617.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 0G6A7618.JPG
    0G6A7618.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 38
I did not notice a change in Q factor. Here are the BB30 cranks on my bike. The drive side arm has the small silver ring for the normal spider to attach to, but I did not feel any additional width. I did feel the immediate lightness of the cranks and being fare easier to spin up with being much lighter.
Thank you for the pictures and the answer

Back