Creaking Handlebar on Lectric XP!

Luvdablz

Love my bike but it has a creak in the handlebar area. When you straddle the frame, you can move the handlebars laterally and recreate the creak that is driving me crazy when I drive. I checked the screw in the down stem and it appears tight. Any suggestions? Lectric has not been responding to my emails and you cannot reach a live person by phone. I know they are busy but their customer service is very inconsistent. I don't want to pay for a shop to repair as this is related to the assembly of the bike, Thanks for your help.

It has to be that it isn’t tight. If you had it assembled by a shop then they wouldn’t charge you, and if you talked to a mechanic, then they shouldn’t charge you. It’s not a mechanical problem. Talk to some guys that are bike riders and they would be more than happy to help you. Bikers are generally friendly and helpful people. Good luck.

I am pretty sure its a non issue, its going to happen when you swing the body/stem around the parts are going to move and make a noise thats that.

I just went out to my garage and tested it myself, if I straddle the bike and kinda swing the frame/stem from side to side it makes a creaking noise. Its normal. Although I get they are swamped with customer service questions but they really should have gotten to you.

"I fixed this exact issue on my XP by unclamping the handlebar tube and pulling it out of the main tube. I then sprayed a light film of lithium grease on the tube, wiped it off slightly & then reinstalled the handlebar tube. This took about 5 minutes & the creaking noise is now completely gone. If you don't have any lithium grease you can probably just use silicon spray or just a light coat of oil. Don't use WD40 because WD40 is not a lubricant. I had heard before that just moving the tube up or down & reclamping would resolve this issue but that didn't work for me. I had to lightly lube the tube to get the creaking to stop."

Via Youtube Lectric owner...

So yeah kinda like I said, its normal and most people will have this problem.

Back