Crater Lake Ride the Rim

EMGX

A ride to not miss, Sept 9 and 16th this year. I've done it 4 times, only once with an ebike last year. When I first did this ride several years ago I saw no ebikes, few years ago (pre-COVID before the ride was cancelled for a couple yrs) only saw one couple on ebikes, last year a majority of bikes were ebikes. Porta-johns and wide array of free snacks every 5 miles or so, unbeatable scenery, east road closed to car traffic from 8am to 6pm. If you miss out it's your loss.

We are riding the rim of Crater Lake this week. Looking forward to it. we have been forewarned that road construction has started (5 year project) closing a portion of the road.

Regarding the east rim road closure:
"access will be temporarily reopened for special events like Ride the Rim on September 9th and 16th"

I've ridden entirely around Crater Lake when normal traffic is allowed. It's a much nicer ride on the Ride the Rim event dates.

A ride to not miss, Sept 9 and 16th this year. I've done it 4 times, only once with an ebike last year. When I first did this ride several years ago I saw no ebikes, few years ago (pre-COVID before the ride was cancelled for a couple yrs) only saw one couple on ebikes, last year a majority of bikes were ebikes. Porta-johns and wide array of free snacks every 5 miles or so, unbeatable scenery, east road closed to car traffic from 8am to 6pm. If you miss out it's your loss.
Assuming you stay overnight, where do you hang out?

Back