Cordless Electric Lawn Mowers

I was able to revive my old mower for another season of duty at the cost of 50 cents for a couple of head bolts that vibrated out. But it's almost 30 years old and these E-Go mowers and accessories are sounding pretty good. But I have an expensive house repair to pay for first. Maybe next year!

Keep in mind that now is the time to get the best deal. I picked up a Greenworks mower with battery and charger for only $150 at Walmart. Also grabbed the leaf blower with battery and charger so I would have an extra battery for the mower. Got my eye on the snow mover and power inverter that use the same battery. The mower and blower both work great by the way.

Got the Sthil with a companion grass trimmer that uses the lawnmovers battery.The mover cuts about what is in the picture per charge...trimmer good but jusgrass...not brush

Attachments

• AF2F9354-7811-4120-AB50-E2D79D5A5E69.jpeg
    AF2F9354-7811-4120-AB50-E2D79D5A5E69.jpeg
    413.5 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
Was mowing lawn with the Ryobi today. Remembered why I switched from a human-powered reel mower. The Ryobi mulches leaves! The human powered reel mower did not.

All of our yard equipment is now EGO after getting the mower even the snowblower although a big snow might overpower that it works for most of we get in VA

My wife made me by a cordless mower about 8 years ago because it was good for the environment and it lasted 2 seasons. It wouldn't take or keep a charge. I'm back to gassers and loving it. I recently bought a Honda at Goodwill for $10.00 put a new carburetor on it for $19. and it never chokes on tall grass, always starts on the first pull. I'm a happy camper.

Ego have a three year warranty on the batteries, so far I've had this Ego mower for over two years, over the summer I'll mow once a week, never use the catcher, always mulch the clippings back into the lawn, result is the grass is thick and lush and it keeps the weeds down.

The same battery runs the blower and multi head tool with line trimmer, brush cutter, lawn edger, pole saw and hedger.

I used to hate mowing, mainly because of the noise and smell, the mower was a Honda self propelled 21", yes it generally started first or second pull, but it still vibrated and the noise left me with ringing ears and numb hands, plus the mower was heavy and hard to manoeuvre in tight spots so I would leave the mowing go until the grass was so long that I had to mow it,

That changed with the Ego mower, same size 21" cut, half the weight, I didn't opt for the self propelled version because it's easy to push around because of the large ball raced wheels

So no, I'll never go back to petrol powered mowers etc.

Interestingly my next door neighbour is a garden maintenance guy, he plans to add battery powered mowers etc to his Stihl gear, means he can start earlier and work in some places where noise is an issue.

I had one called a Worx. It worked great (worxed?), but it was smaller than a full size mower so you had to run back and forth a lot to get the yard mowed, which almost killed me in Florida heat.

I had a Snapper gas mower I bought about 2 homes ago (around about 1992?) Only got rid of it this year after it got cr@pped up from ethanol in the gasoline.

I know that one can't fully judge current product quality based on 'what it was like back in the day', but when I saw a Snapper battery mower during the last Amazon Prime day, that was when I decided to try one out. I only use it for smaller and flat lawns, but I've had it for about 6 months now and it works like a champ. Seems very well made too. Since it is used for flat areas only, I chose to get the push (and not self-propelled) model, so all of the energy goes into spinning the blade(s).

This is the one I got and can highly recommend it. Much nicer price during a lightning deal or a prime day deal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MSRWT5R/

Back