Converted Trek

chixter

Finished the conversion on the Trek. Ride is awesome!. This bike has a 73mm BB shell, so it requires longer M6 bolts and nylon spacers. You also can only fit the first slotted lock ring. It is always a good practice to check tightness on the bolts and lock ring as part of your pre-ride check. Even when using lock tite, these items can loosen up, I guess vibration is the cause. I installed the 48v15AH battery on a rear rack. I would prefer a frame mount but I have not been able to find a 15 or 20 AH that will fit in the triangle. I would have to go to 11 or 10AH. As more riding confirms what I think- that the battery usage is less than I expected, I may purchase an 11 AH for down tube mounting. I used 1/2" I.D. automotive wire loom for wire management. The main harness is too damn long in my opinion. This is an 18.5 frame and the cable really should be a foot or more shorter. I use a velcro strap to retain the mid section of the cable on the cross bar. This way It can hang down and I wont crush it when putting the bike on the stand for cleaning or maintenance. This bike has hydraulic brakes, good ones at that so I'm not messing with them. I will install a generic Hall sensor which I should get next week. Have been out on 1 test ride around the development. 9th gear with PA4 over 35mph. I was passing cars on the 25mph streets! Have not been on trails yet but that is coming. Overall, I think this is a good system.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

If you don't mind, what was the cost to do this conversion?

Thanks

Irene

Motor 600. Battery 525, bling ring 40 misc stuff 20 so about 1200 all told. Half the price of a fairly good level purpose built e-bike with a hub motor. Of course the more expensive the bike is, you may be up to that. But even with that a good XC or trail bike built as an ebike is over 3k.

Motor 600. Battery 525, bling ring 40 misc stuff 20 so about 1200 all told. Half the price of a fairly good level purpose built e-bike with a hub motor. Of course the more expensive the bike is, you may be up to that. But even with that a good XC or trail bike built as an ebike is over 3k.
Thank you :)

Back