Considering the Yukon 750 for my first ebike. Need some advice.

interesting. what year and model is your bike? I can not get it on my display. this is what I have
as george from voltbike explains. i will try to upload a video of my display

8/1/2018 | By George Krastev

Voltbike electric bikes comes with LCD screen panel which offers many settings to adjust your bike. Those setting are already set for optimal performance when you receive your bike.
We usually don't recommend changing those, but in case you absolutely need to we provide explanation what each setting is for:

S7 - (km/mile) Default was km so changed that.
bL1 - backlight brightness display (3)
OFf - auto time(min) display off (5)
W d - wheel diameter (28). If you have fat bike then it's recommended to set the wheel diameter little higher than the actual wheel size.
bU0 - voltage set (48V)

PSd - Password (1919)
SPL - Speed limit
CUL - MAX Current Limit set (default 15A)
HAL - Magnetic Pole numbers of speed sensor 12
ASS - 1-15 (default 12) # of Cadence magnets
HD6 - sets the throttle to 6km/h; 1=ON, 0=OFF (default 0)
HDB - toggles the throttle power/current level to match the PAS level. 1=ON; 0=OFF (default 0, full power independent of PAS level)
PAs - levels of assist (set to 0-9 default; 1-5

It is the 800 S display Yukon 2018. Looks like the PAS level is adjustable with HDB (thought that was HDP), think I answered that wrong earlier. That would help with jerking on throttle only starting.

It is the 800 S display Yukon 2018. Looks like the PAS level is adjustable with HDB (thought that was HDP), think I answered that wrong earlier. That would help with jerking on throttle only starting.

I know you explained earlier but how do you get the watts to display. ive gone through my screen settings a 100 times and cant get it. Do you think there is anyway you could post a picture?. I cant seem to upload a video of what mine looks like, but they should all be the same, no?

Pretty sure I hit the ON button 5 times and you will see P for power. Hope this and pictures
help.

Attachments

• IMG_2094.JPG
    IMG_2094.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_2095.JPG
    IMG_2095.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 464
I would be shocked if you couldn't get 25+ miles out of your use case.

For me, I ride 15 miles each way for work and I put the PAS on level 9 and leave my bike in 7th gear. This gets me to work fairly quickly here in the US. I've set my top speed at 28mph using the head unit on the bike. At the end of my ride I'm usually down just 3 bars (out of 5) and sometimes only down 2 bars. I recharge at work, just in case.

I'm a big dude at 6'2" and 250 lbs. I bought this bike because I was thinking it would be able to take ME for 25 miles on throttle only. I'll tell you, though, it is VERY easy to pedal this bike lightly and still achieve top speeds. The pedal assist is strong and you can feel it when it clicks on and off but you get used to it quickly.

One caveat to this (and similar) bike is the tires are not great for pavement riding. Oh, they'll be fine most of the time but if it gets wet outside you really need to show down because knobby tires don't do well in water. I learned this the hard way last week as my bike wiped out on wet pavement. The bike is a tank and didn't even get a scratch. I, on the other hand, wound up with a broken rib. I've already ordered and received new tires that I will be mounting this weekend.

I do love this bike -- it's a tremendous value!

I would be shocked if you couldn't get 25+ miles out of your use case.

For me, I ride 15 miles each way for work and I put the PAS on level 9 and leave my bike in 7th gear. This gets me to work fairly quickly here in the US. I've set my top speed at 28mph using the head unit on the bike. At the end of my ride I'm usually down just 3 bars (out of 5) and sometimes only down 2 bars. I recharge at work, just in case.

I'm a big dude at 6'2" and 250 lbs. I bought this bike because I was thinking it would be able to take ME for 25 miles on throttle only. I'll tell you, though, it is VERY easy to pedal this bike lightly and still achieve top speeds. The pedal assist is strong and you can feel it when it clicks on and off but you get used to it quickly.

One caveat to this (and similar) bike is the tires are not great for pavement riding. Oh, they'll be fine most of the time but if it gets wet outside you really need to show down because knobby tires don't do well in water. I learned this the hard way last week as my bike wiped out on wet pavement. The bike is a tank and didn't even get a scratch. I, on the other hand, wound up with a broken rib. I've already ordered and received new tires that I will be mounting this weekend.

I do love this bike -- it's a tremendous value!
Wow, sorry to hear about the broken rib. Hope you get well soon. What type of tire would you recommend to handle wet pavement better?

I've already ordered and received new tires that I will be mounting this weekend.
What tires are you getting? I love my Origin8 Supercell, and I know there are others who have gone to the VeeTire Speedsters with good results for road travel.

You will not be disappointed, now the long wait. Just be patient and double what ever they tell you. Showing 4 or 5 day so sounds like they have stock at the moment, think mine was at 30 days from order to arrival. If they need to wait for stock from China than it will be longer.

ebikenewbie did you get you watts to show on display?

Pretty sure I hit the ON button 5 times and you will see P for power. Hope this and pictures
help.
P for power. Never even thought about that. Guess I was jusexpecting something else
thanks hey.
You will not be disappointed, now the long wait. Just be patient and double what ever they tell you. Showing 4 or 5 day so sounds like they have stock at the moment, think mine was at 30 days from order to arrival. If they need to wait for stock from China than it will be longer.

ebikenewbie did you get you watts to show on display?
I did, Still learning the bike myself. thank you for your help.

Back