Compact charger for Shimano AND Bosch

Cowombat

Region
Australia
Hi all, my first post. Excuse my ignorance! My partner has a Merida Espresso with Shimano battery. I have a Focus Thron with Bosch. We enjoy travel in our RV. Annoying that I need to pack two heavy chargers. Can anyone recommend a compact, light weight universal charger? I realize charge speeds will likely be slow, but that’s ok. Thx!!

There is no universal charger for the two different proprietary systems, sorry.
Had you the same motor system on both e-bikes it would be very different.

I use the programable Grin Satiator to charge batteries from two different ebike manufacturers and which also have two different voltages and charge amps. You just need to buy adapters to suit each battery. It’s compact but not exactly lightweight nor exactly cheap. The main attraction of this charger is that you can program specific charge voltages, to say 80%, and charge amps, thus extending the life of your batteries. I bought mine directly from Grin with the specific adapters but below is a link from an Aussie supplier.

I use the programable Grin Satiator to charge batteries from two different ebike manufacturers and which also have two different voltages and charge amps. You just need to buy adapters to suit each battery. It’s compact but not exactly lightweight nor exactly cheap. The main attraction of this charger is that you can program specific charge voltages, to say 80%, and charge amps, thus extending the life of your batteries. I bought mine directly from Grin with the specific adapters but below is a link from an Aussie supplier.

Weight?
You own a Bosch or a Shimano e-bike?

Weight?
You own a Bosch or a Shimano e-bike?
Wait (spelling)

I own neither.

Email Grin for adapters advice. I did when ordering mine (Frey Beast 60v and Earth T-Rex 48v) and they either had the adapter or advised of another supplier that had the adapter.

Last edited:
Back