Como 2.0 Kickstand

Ned

I'm wondering if it is possible to shorten the length of the kickstand on a Specialized 2.0 bike. It seems too long, resulting in the bike resting too close to vertical. One day, I'm afraid it's going to blow over. Now that would ruin my day! Otherwise, love this bike! Thanks very much. Ned

Thanks for your reply. I too haven't had an issue yet, but I'd like to increase the angle to be sure it doesn't happen one day. Thanks again. Ned

Thanks for your reply. I too haven't had an issue yet, but I'd like to increase the angle to be sure it doesn't happen one day. Thanks again. Ned

I believe there's a bolt on the inside of the kickstand to adjust the plastic sheath to change the height of it. If it's already on it's lowest setting you could sand down the plastic portion a hair to give you a little more "lean" if that works.

Otherwise it's a normal two bolt rear kickstand, there's tons out there that will probably offer a shorter option. They don't look as sleek as the stock one but it might work for you.

Thanks for your reply. I think the bike comes with the stand at its lowest setting, but I'll take a closer look. I can give sanding a try. We'll see if it can be sanded enough to make a difference. Thanks again. Ned

Back