Commuter Bike - Battery Location

Bethy

I am looking to purchase a new E-Bike for my commute in the Seattle area. (And to visit my best friend, since parking is a nightmare there but she lives at the bottom of a steep hill)

One thing I have noticed with the female commuter (cruiser/vintage style) bikes is that there are three main battery locations. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of under the rear rack, in the frame, and behind the seat (I think this one is limited to a lot of the budget bikes)?

I tried the rear rack one when I was in Copenhagen and thought it was awesome, but it was also my first e-bike experience and could have been blinded by the awesomness!

Any bikes that would be good for 10ish mile commute on a gravel flat trail?

Thanks all!

Location of the battery is often tied to how the bike should be balanced. Up high on the back is horrible for a mtb. Not such a big deal for a cruiser.

My wife LOVES the EMOJO Breeze! The battery is right under the seat and that helps keep it balanced. 500w/36V gives it good power, but it won't overwhelm you on your gravel flat trail. Plus she loves the colors.

Another good one she likes is the Phantom Swirl... has some good power, but is also a great cruiser bike that can be used for commuting.

Both are great bikes that my wife loves, good luck Bethy and welcome to the electric bike community!!

Back