COBI update bricked my bike :( Haibike Urban Plus Cobi Update Bugs, any fixes?

Shiny new cobi update for android released today or yesterday, check the app store. I used my sisters Iphone and I did the firmware update and unbricked my bike yesterday before the update. Try that if you have any trouble.
Has anyone tried the new cobi app? I don't use the cobi app anymore. I just power the bike on and off by the cobi button and don't link my phone for fear of bricking it again.

Still not able to get the screen to show my mileage/speed but at least the bike starts. I'll be using my Garmin for now for ride info sans battery life.

Hi,

I just noticed that my power meter stopped working also. Looking at my Strava data the last time I posted power meter data was September 6th. I usually ride with cadence showing so I didn't really notice the missing Power meter until you mentioned it. I'll open a trouble ticket with Cobi to see what they can do.

Cheers

Hi,

I opened a ticket with Cobi.bike support regarding the no power meter or data issue. What they told me is that the power meter has been disabled for normal (leg powered) bikes, due to inaccuracy. But unfortunately Cobi also disabled it for Tranzx motors. The support tech I dealt with has referred the power meter issue to the development team who will hopefully re-enable it for Tranzx in a future firmware update.

I really love the Cobi.bike system and app and make full use it's integration with a Heart Rate monitor, Strava and Komoot.

I almost passed on the Urban Plus because I thought that you had to use the Cobi.bike app to control the bike, but I found out you didn't.

However I didn't realize that you could still brick your bike with a firmware update! Thankfully I have an iPhone which appears to be more stable with Cobi.bike.

Any progress with your bikes, nublar and michaelwoodcock ?

Have you been in touch with Cobi.bike's support regarding your issues?

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi,

I opened a ticket with Cobi.bike support regarding the no power meter or data issue. What they told me is that the power meter has been disabled for normal (leg powered) bikes, due to inaccuracy. But unfortunately Cobi also disabled it for Tranzx motors. The support tech I dealt with has referred the power meter issue to the development team who will hopefully re-enable it for Tranzx in a future firmware update.

Cobi Support just confirmed with a system developer that the Tranzx motor does not have a power sensor so the numbers we were seeing were an estimate the same as with a standard bike. So we are out of luck for now, unless Cobi provides an updated power estimate feature. For me it's no great loss as I'm usually paying attention to my speed, heart rate or cadence when I'm riding.

I found Cobi.bike support very professional and appreciated them investigated the issue thoroughly.

If they haven't done so already I strongly suggest that the guys with bricked or malfunctioning Cobi systems on their Urban Plus bikes contact Cobi.bike support to seek their help.

Cheers

Hi,

I really love the Cobi.bike system and app and make full use it's integration with a Heart Rate monitor, Strava and Komoot.

I almost passed on the Urban Plus because I thought that you had to use the Cobi.bike app to control the bike, but I found out you didn't.

However I didn't realize that you could still brick your bike with a firmware update! Thankfully I have an iPhone which appears to be more stable with Cobi.bike.

Any progress with your bikes, nublar and michaelwoodcock ?

Have you been in touch with Cobi.bike's support regarding your issues?

Cheers

I had to use an Iphone to unbrick my bike it is now working as it should but with no cobi smartphone involvement. The one time I tried my android, it said chip malfunction, and I gave up on the app. Until another update comes along I will not try it. As far as cobi tech support goes they left ma hanging for almost a month now. I'm so glad using the Iphone worked but the Android app even with the update still seems like it would brick the bike again. It was acting the exact same way and I don't want to try another recover/update again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 09-28-18 at 06.54 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 09-28-18 at 06.54 PM.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 629
the tranzx should be capable of calculating a power figure if they have a torque sensor since power is torque times RPM but COBI might not have access to it thru the canbus system.

Seems to be working now but I still had to delete the Cobi bluetooth profile in order to get the app to work. Cobi said there is a known issue with the Motorola series phones.

that is a display that would interface with the Tranzx motor controller and eliminate the COBI system and thus all of our current problems.

Anybody here have older versions of the cobi system or different phones and have no problem?
Can you tell me more about this? I have been wanting to fix mine after almost 4 years!

Same here...another guy on the google play wrote the same thing. I spoke to Haibike and they said that they can switch it to the Tranzx DP27 that's used on the Winora Radars (european version). I inquired about the price - will report back later.

I can sell you a DP27 compact display and send you the program for the bike to work with it at any time. This can be sold to you directly with a credit card, or thru your local dealer at any time. It’s all pretty easy to do, but it does require the connection to a computer/pc to do the quick programming update.
I am interested! Contact me!

Back