class3 for Pioneer All road??

Tom R

Review states that this is a class 3 bike. Does this qualify it as a speed pedelec? I understand that these bikes can be pedaled faster than the stated 20mph. Is this correct? If so, how fast has someone pedalled this bike? Thanks

Review states that this is a class 3 bike. Does this qualify it as a speed pedelec? I understand that these bikes can be pedaled faster than the stated 20mph. Is this correct? If so, how fast has someone pedalled this bike? Thanks
I don't know about class?? I can achieve speeds as high as 29mph. The cadence is faster than I can maintain. I can hold 24mph until I run out of air.

I can provide cycle meter records or map my ride if you would like some.

Thank you. That is the information that I was looking for. Supposedly a class 3 ebike will let you pedal faster than the imposed 20mph limit. Class 2 somehow will still cap you out at 20 even if you are pedalling hard. Now I need to find out if the City Commuter does the same. It is also classed as a class 3 but has no throttle???

I've got a Bofeili with the same motor/battery as the optibike pioneer, and much like @grench, I can go about 40km/h (25mph) with motor assistance before it cuts out at 41km/h. There is a workaround, you can adjust the speed sensor on the wheel to get some extra speed, but then your mileage (odometer) and actual speed will be off. I use an app called "ridewithGPS" and it works great. When I got my bike it didn't have a throttle, but had one added, not sure why as I've used it once.

Class 2 somehow will still cap you out at 20 even if you are pedalling hard.

According to EBR, these bikes provide power to approximately 22 miles per hour with pedal assist.
http://electricbikereview.com/optibike/pioneer-city/
http://electricbikereview.com/optibike/pioneer-allroad/

Of course you can pedal it faster! My ebike (another brand, class 1) is capped at 20 mph, but I'm still able to pedal it a few miles per hour faster on my own, on level ground... when I really work at it. :)

Yeah my Allroad goes almost 22 on throttle, but obviously you can pedal it faster.
Then there's coasting. I've been North of 38 mph going down Brinton Hill Road behind my cottage; woot!
Allen

Back