Civante Rear Derailleur Options

jejagua

Region
USA
I damaged the stock rear derailleur: Shimano Tiagra RD-4700 GS 10-Spd. Am looking to replace it with same or upgrade. What options are there compatible with the stock shifters/cassette assuming there are some? Perhaps 105. Seeking durability, smooth shifting and reliablility. I found the Tiagra on a few supply websites and Amazon. Is the stock one medium cage?

Guidance appreciated.

-Since this is a review forum, here's my $.02 on the Civante:
I have a medical issue so an ebike/Civante is perfect for me. After initially using higher assist, I graduated to Eco+ or no/lower assist mode for most rides. The only negative is that it's a heavy street bike with assist on low or off. The bike has been reliable. I have put around 1500 mi on it since this time last year. Had downtime due to weather and parts shortage. I took a spill and damaged the chain, rear derailleur and derailleur hanger. Had to wait approx 3 wks for the hanger. Repaired the chain but will replace it soon. Fixed the bent derailleur but it is a little flaky, so I'm replacing.

The Civante has been great. Caveat, I'm a biking noob, so I do not have an extensive frame of reference.

Last edited:
I damaged the stock rear derailleur: Shimano Tiagra RD-4700 GS 10-Spd. Am looking to replace it with same or upgrade. What options are there compatible with the stock shifters/cassette assuming there are some? Perhaps 105. Seeking durability, smooth shifting and reliablility. I found the Tiagra on a few supply websites and Amazon. Is the stock one medium cage?

Guidance appreciated.

I have a medical issue so an ebike/Civante is perfect for me. After initially using higher assist, I graduated to Eco+ or no/lower assist mode for most rides. The only negative is that it's a heavy street bike with assist on low or off. The bike has been reliable. I have put around 1500 mi on it since this time last year. Had downtime due to weather and parts shortage. I took a spill and damaged the chain, rear derailleur and derailleur hanger. Had to wait approx 3 wks for the hanger. Repaired the chain but will replace it soon. Fixed the bent derailleur but it is a little flaky, so I'm replacing.

The Civante has been great. Caveat, I'm a biking noob, so I do not have an extensive frame of reference.
I just upgraded my Civante drive train and went with shimano 105 11 speed. Replaced both derailers, cassette and shifters. If you want to stick with Teagra I planned on listing my drive train on Ebay. Upgrade to Shimano 105 gave me crisper shifting. I'm over 7000 miles so far

Guidance appreciated.

A little late responding but I hope this helps. I replace mine with this and it worked great.

Shimano 105 RD-5701-SS 10-Speed Rear Derailleur

Back