Ciao from Italy raga

asiero

Hello everyone, how is it going. Let me introduce myself. I´m just a regular folk living in the North of Italy who is just in love with his electric bike. I bought a Radrunner (EU version unfortunately) before the summer and I decided to join this forum to maybe get some advice that help me to undertake some projects that I have in mind. The first one is to substantially increase the power of the bike (torque and speed). The Radrunner is a great bike but not a wonderful one. In order to make it wonderful, you really need a little more chile on it. And that´s exactly what I´m planning to do. To put some spicy chile on the plate and boom!!! So that is the idea, but the problem is that my technical knowledge of electric bikes is equivalent to that of astrotelecomunications. So zero, basically. But I´m reading like crazy many stuff that I´ve found here in this forum, which is great I think, and I ´m learning a lot. So once I´m ready I´ll contact some of the experts that I´ve noticed that are around in this forum and ask for their advice. Then I'll get down to business and all I promise is to document my progress here and interact with whoever is interested in the topic. So I´m happy to be here and have a great day or night, wherever you are.

Ciao JRA, thanks. Yes I´ve read about the Radpower upgrade that Bolton bikes sells. Also about the stuff of Electro Bike Word. Still comparing them. Also looking at the Bafang 750w....I guess I´ll need it at one point if I really want to make real progress...

RadPower Upgrade kit​

Welcome to the ERB forums Asiero ! Lots of good folk with great knowledge here, so I'm sure you will get some good advice. JRA mentioned Bolton, and that's a good start for you to take a look at that site. Stay safe. :)

Many thanks guys...I already have some preliminar ideas but I´ll put everything in a new thread as soon as I understand a little more about the matter....anyway and most importantly, have you all a great weekend...hope you have the chance to find time for a nice ride

Welcome Asiero,

Lots of good info here on the forum. Depending where you live, you might be able to try some test rides. Not sure of the bike shop situation where you live, but test rides will help narrow down the features that will work for you.

Side note, I participated in a bike tour through parts of Northern Italy a couple years ago. We started in Ljubliana, Slovnenia, then parts of Italy, Austria, and ended in Salzburg. Parts of what called the Julian Alps. So amazingly beautiful and I would go back there in a heart beat!! Darn this covid virus and all the travel restrictions. :mad::(

Looking forward to a pic of your ebike and seeing some of your adventures.

Thanks Marci jo. Nice trip the one you did. I have passed by the area this summer to go to Croatia by camper (my other weakness besides bikes). It looks fantastic.... I must try it by bike...

Here you´ve got my radrunner anxiously waiting for improvements

Attachments

• Radrunner.jpg
    Radrunner.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 256
Back