Choosing a trike

Teamgore

Region
USA
I am looking to buy a trike. Have narrowed down to Emojo caddy or electric bike technology fat trike. Is there any opinions out there about either?

I am looking to buy a trike. Have narrowed down to Emojo caddy or electric bike technology fat trike. Is there any opinions out there about either?
Welcome to EBR. I can't help (other than bumping your post) but there are some trike owners on here
Check the ebikes for disability threads as well.

I can’t speak to the trike but I bought a motor from Electric Bike Technologies and needed to return it and they were very helpful and accepted the return without question so I rate their customer service highly.

Thank you. Maybe you could answer this for me. One has a motor that I can adjust the amp. To control speed. Is that something I need or would use? Just using to get around town. Store, driving. Range and such. Or is a straight 500 w motor plenty?

Court’s review of the EBT fat trike mentions it has a 48v battery and 1,000w peak power which suggests the controller is programmed to at least 20a. Granted at 88lb it’s heavy but that should be enough power and because it uses a standard Bafang hub motor there should be aftermarket KT controllers that could increase power if you found it necessary. This would invalidate your Electric Bike Technologies warranty so it’s not for everyone. But if you were prepared to accept that you could check in with retailers like Kyle Bolton or electrobikeworld what the connectors are on the Bafang upgrade controllers they sell, then check in with Jason at Electric Bike Technologies if those might be compatible with their fat trike wiring or even just get the model number of the Bafang motor they use to answer the question if it might be possible for you to swap out the controller. The issue then is making sure you program the replacement controller to keep the current drawn below the value that might trip out the battery’s BMS circuit, this is reportedly a problem with some RadPower owners with Bafang 500w hub motors who try to use the Bolton 35a controller, but you might find you won’t need to raise it too much higher than the stock controller, I’d try it at say 25a to start with and see how you like that.

Last edited:
both of those are going to be slow vehicles if your ok with that. the balance and handling will never be great.

Back