Charging Turbo to Full Capacity

ronin2000

Do the Turbos only charge to 98%? I’ve noticed no matter how long I left it on the charger when I turn it on its always at 98%. Also on the APP its different vs on the bike LCD. The bike will show 100% and also show power read outs at 97% 95 % etc but the LCD on the bike always reads at even number such as 96% 98% etc.

That all sounds normal and consistent with my experience (although I don't use the app much). Once in a while I do see 100% on the bike LCD, but 98% is much more common.

That all sounds normal and consistent with my experience (although I don't use the app much). Once in a while I do see 100% on the bike LCD, but 98% is much more common.
Lol ok whew, thought I was doing something wrong or my bikes batteries have been sitting at the dealer for too long. Thanks for the feedback.

AFAIK the display on the bike only shows 100% for a moment when it is charging - you need to be there to see it happen, then once the charge cycle finishes and it switches off, the display will only show 98% the next time you turn it on. I thought it was a fault and reported it as such when I took my bike in but the updated firmware and replacement battery still only ever show 98% even though the shop reported seeing the battery charge up to 100%. If they are checking with the diagnostic tool or seeing the charge cycle live then they will see 100% but real world use means we only ever see it at 98%.

In my experience the great big charger with all the cooling fins charges my bike so it reads 100%, and then turns off. The little one that looks like a laptop charger gets to 100% then continues doing something, and after a while the bike reads 98% and the charger flashes its fault light. I don't think the difference is meaningful. Mine reads out 96% a few feet from my house, regardless of whether I turn up or down my hill.

In my experience the great big charger with all the cooling fins charges my bike so it reads 100%, and then turns off. The little one that looks like a laptop charger gets to 100% then continues doing something, and after a while the bike reads 98% and the charger flashes its fault light. I don't think the difference is meaningful. Mine reads out 96% a few feet from my house, regardless of whether I turn up or down my hill.

Yes, that would be consistent with my experience as I have 2 of the new, smaller chargers with my base Turbo, the shop still uses their older finned charger I believe.

Mine also drops pretty quickly (within about 100m of the house) to 96 or 94% but the battery usage seems to then slow down over the whole ride.

Got two new smaller charges, when I plug them into the bike, the bikes lights start strobing like crazy. The charger itself is not flashing and shows steady charge, however the lights on the battery do not illuminate.
When I remove the battery and charge it off the bike, the battery lights come on and it charges like normal. Has anyone else had this experience?

Got two new smaller charges, when I plug them into the bike, the bikes lights start strobing like crazy. The charger itself is not flashing and shows steady charge, however the lights on the battery do not illuminate.
When I remove the battery and charge it off the bike, the battery lights come on and it charges like normal. Has anyone else had this experience?

Yes, my small chargers do this too. What I do is unplug the mag connect on the bike if the light is flashing and then reconnect it. Usually the second attempt produces a steady light. This is when I know it is charging correctly. It won't always flash on first attempt but it often does. I don't know if it is a time thing (time the charger's been on) or the way the connector goes on but if it's flashing I always disconnect and reconnect until it's not flashing.

Do the Turbos only charge to 98%? I’ve noticed no matter how long I left it on the charger when I turn it on its always at 98%. Also on the APP its different vs on the bike LCD. The bike will show 100% and also show power read outs at 97% 95 % etc but the LCD on the bike always reads at even number such as 96% 98% etc.

I have the Turbo Levo Expert and it charges to 100111115 then as soon as I turn it on it drops to 99%..

Regards,

Got that too. A 2015 Turbo. But now fixed, a technical bulletin adding a "boomerang" part behind the inside battery connector to improve the contact. When I connect the charger on the bike, and it starts strobing, it's an indication the battery is not locked in correctly. I can pull out the battery without the key at that point. Slamming it gently into place and voilà! charges just fine.

Back