Charging question?

Jmggc

Region
Canada
I just got my new Volt Yukon Bike yesterday with a 19 amp battery. I plugged it in to charge today. After about 7 hours the charger turned off but the light on the charger was still red. I thought when the battery reached a full charge the charger turned green?
Does the charger automatically turn off after reaching a full charge?
I have four green bars on the battery so I assume it’s fully charged.

So I assume you have this charger?
(Please note - I do not have experience with this particular charger. )

That sounds strange.. did you use the battery and reconnect the charger again?
If it charges again, I would assume it's a glitch on charger light.

If it doesn't work at all again, then it's a fan malfunction, I would not use the charger because it will overheat.

fast-charger-48v-50a-e-bike-battery-speed-charger-with-coaxial-connector-battery-chargers-sans-3_1400x.jpg
Thanks
Charger is slightly different. Has Volt written on the side.
I got the bike yesterday at Volt and rode about 22 kilometres home. I had two bars on the battery left afterwards , so I plugged it in today. The fan ran for about 6 hours and turned off with the red light still on. After a person on the forum replied it was close to a full change, I plugged it back in but two hours later the red light was still on. When I unplugged thr battery the charger light went green.
I gave up and went for a 12 k ride. I got up to 40 kph.
I had the 5 battery bars on the display when I started my ride and still 5 left after. It looks like the battery is fully charged.
Maybe the charger light is malfunctioning.
I will try again charging it in a few days and if the same thing happens drop by Volt and talk to them.

Ya mine turns green once charged for my new Yukon step thru, have charged it 3 times now and it goes green every time once charged.

The Yukon says it comes with a Samsung cell battery but mine says it’s a panosonic and doesn’t show the battery size, what does yours say?

I just got my new Volt Yukon Bike yesterday with a 19 amp battery. I plugged it in to charge today. After about 7 hours the charger turned off but the light on the charger was still red. I thought when the battery reached a full charge the charger turned green?
A few things can be happening here.
Does the charger light turn green if unplugged from the battery but still powered by the wall socket?
Could be a malfunction as previously stated
The battery was near full charge but was in the lower current stage of charging and then fan is separatly thermally controlled and was no longer needed so it shut down but the charger was still charging.
Note that 4 bars typically means anything above 80% A voltmeter is the only way to know for sure if it is at 100%

Great to see you received your Voltbike in these weird times.
Got my VB Outback in December 2020. Same situation with the charger.
Honesty, don't worry about it. I was new to E Bikes and wondered about battery capacity and distance.
I have found my battery (panasonic) incredible. Four to six medium distance rides and still juice left.
I am trying to adopt the eighty percent full / twenty percent empty charging theory which some say extends battery life.
So, to answer your question, its all good. Have fun out there!

Back