Charging practice on XP

ToeKnife99

Curious how people are charging their XP these days? Are you charging everyday no matter the battery level charge? Are you charging over night and leaving it on the charger? Is it safe to leave it on the charger, does it trickle?

Lithium ion batteries are pretty easy maintenance and the best way charge is to make sure you have a bit of battery left over when charging.

You do NOT have to empty out the battery before charging; that was a tip from old lead acid battery days. Having some charge left over in the battery is optimal when charging. Only drain the battery FULLY one time when you reach 30-40 charges.

Last edited:
Curious how people are charging their XP these days? Are you charging everyday no matter the battery level charge? Are you charging over night and leaving it on the charger? Is it safe to leave it on the charger, does it trickle?

To be honest, I charge it overnight whenever it gets down to 3 bars or less just in case I have a long ride the next day. So probably charging once per week. I feel I'm pretty conservative overall with the pedal assist and stay a lot in PAS 1-3.

Also, when I charge it, I do it overnight and then get to it when I get to it the next morning to unplug it. Not super concerned with leaving it in for a few extra hours here and there. But that's just me.

I'm still waiting for my bike to arrive but this is what Lectric say about the charger "The charger has built in safe guards and will automatically turn off when charging is complete. "

I also have smart outlets where I can schedule on/off times or ask Alexa to turn on or off my charger outlet.

So when I finish my ride and wheel the XP into my garage to charge, I grab the cord, remove the rubber plug and plug it in. However my charger shows green even though the battery is less than half. I have to unplug the charger from the wall, wait a few seconds and then it turns red. Anyone also experience this?

Doesnt sound normal... no it has never happened to me personally and I have owned 2 ebikes.

Yeah it sounds like whatever is messing up it may be in the charger end where it is checking the status of the battery.

Back