Changing tires

mjorg

With all my non-e-bikes I would just turn it over onto the handlebars and seat and go to town. now I have a computer display box protruding in such a way that I can't use that method. What is the best way to deal with this?

Remove computer display, turn bike over onto it's handlebars and seat and go to town. Roadside flat, September, 2018. A small thorn went through the rear Schwalbe Jumbo Jim tire, through the Mr Tuffy Liner and punctured the tube. This was the last flat I suffered running traditional tubes and tire liners cause I converted the Haibike to a tubeless set up after this particular flat. After years of getting roadside flats requiring time for repair, I reached the end of my limit and patience for tubes.....

Attachments

• 100_3469.JPG
    100_3469.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 408
  • 100_3477.JPG
    100_3477.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 395
  • 100_3478 (1).JPG
    100_3478 (1).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 385
I was hoping that I didn't have to remove the display. But, it is what it is. Did you get large fat tubeless tires? I was told my tires are too big at 2.125? I also have seen articles about tubeless tire maintenance which seems daunting. I'd really like to know where I can get tubeless for my wheels particularly the brand name. Nice bike!

With all my non-e-bikes I would just turn it over onto the handlebars and seat and go to town. now I have a computer display box protruding in such a way that I can't use that method. What is the best way to deal with this?

I cut some donuts from foam packing material. About 3" thick and 10" diameter. Slip those on to the hand grips before flipping the bike over and you should be good to go.

I cut some donuts from foam packing material. About 3" thick and 10" diameter. Slip those on to the hand grips before flipping the bike over and you should be good to go.

Good one! I'm going to look for round material to do this. Packing foam might be a little lightweight for my tank (I really want to get a lighter bike for so many reasons).

Back