Changing rear light on Nevo3

DiggyGun

Region
United Kingdom
City
Buckinghamshire
Mrs DGs new Nevo3 got delivered on Wednesday.

This is now fitted with Supernova rear like that also has a brake light, operated from switches on the brake lever.

My Nevo3 from last year is fitted with a Busch and Muller 2C rear light, no brake light.

Supernova do a version with the braking function but not connected to the brake lever, but using a sensor. Can anyone confirm that this would be a straight swap for the existing light.

Many thanks.

Update.

Swapped the rear light for a Busch & Muller, Line Brex rear light. This has a braking function, but works sensors, rather than needing a switch and new cabling.

Admittedly it is not as immediate as the SuperNova as it doesn’t come on when you start braking, but when you are almost stopped. It is a good compromise as it is a straight swap for the existing light.
A9767CB7-C048-4504-BE3B-A7FA2B6ABC2D.jpeg

Mrs DGs new Nevo3 got delivered on Wednesday.

This is now fitted with Supernova rear like that also has a brake light, operated from switches on the brake lever.

My Nevo3 from last year is fitted with a Busch and Muller 2C rear light, no brake light.

Supernova do a version with the braking function but not connected to the brake lever, but using a sensor. Can anyone confirm that this would be a straight swap for the existing light.

Many thanks.
This is timely as looking at a Multicharger Mixte for my wife that we looked at today - Vario + Belt drive:

63F54B26-C277-431F-9A90-AA80545BBD57.jpeg

I did note it had no brake light and appears same model you had above @DiggyGun.

Which was strange as there was a standard Multicharger there too but with Touring drive train and that model DID have the brake light. I think that was a HS version with performance speed line Bosch motor. Perhaps that’s why it had a brake light?

Either way, made it the LBS problem to fix/swap the light - hoping it’s easy…

This is timely as looking at a Multicharger Mixte for my wife that we looked at today - Vario + Belt drive:

View attachment 126207

I did note it had no brake light and appears same model you had above @DiggyGun.

Which was strange as there was a standard Multicharger there too but with Touring drive train and that model DID have the brake light. I think that was a HS version with performance speed line Bosch motor. Perhaps that’s why it had a brake light?

Either way, made it the LBS problem to fix/swap the light - hoping it’s easy…
The HS models do have a brake light fitted as standard.

Interesting - explains why my SC2 has it - but we did test ride a Nevo 3 not a HS model and it had brake light - same as your wife’s I guess…. @JVBulman any idea if this a big job?

View attachment 126209
View attachment 126210

Hope it’s not a hard thing to retrofit ….
Here is the quote from LBS if others interested:

For the brake light setup you will need:
Levers x 2 $100 each
Light x 1 $125
Reflector x 1 $10
Wiring x 2 estimated at $40 each
Labour - allow 2 hours @$85 = $170

Here is the quote from LBS if others interested:

For the brake light setup you will need:
Levers x 2 $100 each
Light x 1 $125
Reflector x 1 $10
Wiring x 2 estimated at $40 each
Labour - allow 2 hours @$85 = $170
Just adding to this, update from the LBS and message from R&M themselves - you can't add this brake light to the SmartSystem:

thanks for your mail with the request about the parts.
I have to tell you it was not possible a brake light system at the moment on the smart system.
Sorry for the bad feedback.

This is pretty disappointing and makes me question a bit whether the Bosch Smart System has been rushed to market - no manuals, no ability to use the more advanced brake systems even though the Smart System is a higher spec model in theory. Pretty frustrating.

Just updating on this, seems the LBS has reached out to Bosch NZ and got quite a different response from R&M support that said the high speed braking light system was NOT compatible with the Bosch Smart System (as above). This is from the LBS and references the Bosch reply:

Bosch NZ reckon we should be able to make the regular high speed light as normally itted on the R&M bikes work. And the light you sent us the link to should also work, we just need to get a different plug. Apparently these are in stock.

So would you prefer to have the regular brake light like R&M or the alternative one? We can order the parts in for either and give it a go!
Given I appear to have both options now, I think I might follow @DiggyGun 's lead and go for the LineBrex which should be considerably cheaper than the NZD$580 I was quoted to retro fit the high speed braking system.

Will let you know how I get on,

cheers
Sam

Back