Changing assist for a 2014 NeoJumper

Mtnm

I'd be interested in finding a way to reduce the boost in Eco Mode for my 2014 Easy Motion NeoJumper. I've read discussion that this may be possible, but have not heard from anyone who has actually done this.

I believe I have a 2014 "Lite" NeoJumper, 26".

I think the current setting is about a 90% boost when in Eco Mode. I think around 70% would be much better. I'd like to extend the range. I'd want to keep the Standard Mode at the current setting, which seems very similar to the Eco mode.

Before contacting my dealer I'd like to have a better understanding of what is needed. I also do not look forward to the 3 hour one-way trip to the dealer. My real wish is to be able to adjust this myself, but I'm not sure what equipment would be needed.

I'd be interested in finding a way to reduce the boost in Eco Mode for my 2014 Easy Motion NeoJumper. I've read discussion that this may be possible, but have not heard from anyone who has actually done this.
Great question Mtnm, I've read that Easy Motion is lowering the power output in Eco Mode in this thread posted by @Undercover Brother but haven't heard anything on whether it can be done to older models? I realize you said yours was a 2014 model but maybe it didn't get the update or something? My guess would be that the dealer should be able to connect your display to some sort of computer system and update the firmware or get new software installed or something. I really don't know but maybe @Chris Nolte can help since he's also a dealer and very knowledgeable :)

It's amongst my list of wants, when my NEO Xtrem goes back to Spain for repair. I'd like half the power that my current eco mode gives out, and have the standard mode the same as the current eco setting.

I'll let you know if they do it for me. :)

In the not to distant future EM dealers should be getting a tool to adjust this. Hopefully we'll see what goes on at 1:11 in the video below real soon too. I sure hope so

Thanks all for the very kind replies. I look forward to updates. I think what EddieJ is asking for seems reasonable although I'd opt for 70% in eco mode given a choice.

Today I was running on the last bar after only 8 miles on my 9 amp-hour battery. It was through deep mud, snow, and elevation changes but less power assist and longer range would be welcome.

Thanks again,
Mike from Colorado

Did anyone else notice that she stopped at a cafe and was using a Macbook, then pedals off with no bags or backpack?

In Utopia:
Cafes just leave out Mac books for you to use
Girls are out riding ebikes dressed like her.
You can still buy a Neo Nitro

I have both a BH Neo 2013 and 2014.
They have both had new controllers. I often switch LCD displays from one bike to another, but always the 2013 model is very strong in eco mode and the 2014 model is not so strong.

Conlusion must be that the upgrade from 2013 to 2014 which gives you less power in eco mode must be in the motor.

Therefore an easy upgrade could be to change your backwheel from your 2013 model to a newer 2014.

If you do so I would be interested in buying your old backwheel :).
Just send me a PM.

I have both a BH Neo 2013 and 2014.
They have both had new controllers. I often switch LCD displays from one bike to another, but always the 2013 model is very strong in eco mode and the 2014 model is not so strong.

Conlusion must be that the upgrade from 2013 to 2014 which gives you less power in eco mode must be in the motor.

Therefore an easy upgrade could be to change your backwheel from your 2013 model to a newer 2014.

If you do so I would be interested in buying your old backwheel :).
Just send me a PM.

LCD Console is not the controller.
Controller is located below the battery towards the base of the seat tube. The assist is monitored from there and the firmware embedded int the chip controls the current flow from the battery.
Changing console won't change anything. 26'inch wheel is better at climbing than the 27.5inch wheel but essentially, it is the controller that has to be changed.

LCD Console is not the controller.
Controller is located below the battery towards the base of the seat tube..

I know that. My mistake for not writing clearly. Sorry :).

I have changed both of my original euro controllers on a 2013 Jumper and on a 2014 Race to US controllers.
Dont know what model year the US controllers are but the bikes act exactly the same in eco mode with the US controllers as they did with the euro controllers. That is. The Jumper push hard in eco and the Race doesn't.

And when I switch the LCD cosoles between the bikes they still act the same.

I am quite sure that I read all the numbers on the controllers before my dealer mounted them. They were exactly the same.

Thats what led me to think that the eco mode upgrade is in the back wheel.

Back