Changing a Flat on Priority Current Help

jkhaha

Region
USA
Hi. I have had my priority current for about a year now. It’s been a fantastic bike but I’ve finally stumbled across my first issue. I recently got a flat on my back tire. I’ve never had an issue changing the tube on a bike but the priority current change that. There are no videos available on how to do this on a priority current (except for the front tire). The video that the company sent me was not helpful. Well, I was able to change the flat but now my bike is stuck in fifth gear and I don’t know how to fix it. If you have any advice, please let me know. I can tell you that the gear mechanism came off while changing the tire. I tried to reattach it but was unsuccessful. It’s just some plastic pieces. I’ll be working on it this weekend and will post photos if needed. Would love your advice. Thank you.

I'm assuming the video they sent you is this one:

I think the most effective way to solve this is to set up a help call with Priority. I'm sure they'd be willing to hop on a video call with you and walk you through what needs to be fixed,

What is the problem? What brand hub is that? Enviolo? Forget your bike model video, look for the hub maintenance videos. I suspect you have a cable tension issue.

Last edited:
What is the problem? What brand hub is that? Enviolo? Forget your bike model video, look for the hub maintenance videos. I suspect you have a cable tension issue.
Since they said it's stuck in 5th gear, I will assume it's the Shimano.

They didn’t send me this video but again this video is like best case scenario with a bike stand. It didn’t reflect my experience at all. I was finally able to solve my issues. I fixed my bike and the gears but I had to do it myself (which is sorta satisfying). If I hadn’t needed my bike (commuting) then I would’ve had more patience with Priority. I do find them to be very responsive which I’m thankful for.

I'm assuming the video they sent you is this one:

I think the most effective way to solve this is to set up a help call with Priority. I'm sure they'd be willing to hop on a video call with you and walk you through what needs to be fixed

Thanks. I will give them credit. They have this dot system on their shimano 5 speed hubs that helped me fix my shifter issue. I was able to reattach the piece over the weekend. I think I was surprised how easily it came off but maybe that’s on purpose. But I got it back on with a few puzzling attempts. Now that I know how to do it all, it shouldn’t be a problem in the future. It’s just a different setup then I’m used to.

Back