Change tires on HT1000?

KoryOZ

I got my HT1000 back in October. I'm looking to change the tires, though, because I strictly use my bike for commuting. The knobs are not good on the pavement. Has anyone found tires they like for this rig?

The current tires are very nice Maxxis Rekon+ 27.5 x 2.8. I was hoping to go for something smoother and less wide, though.

Please share your thoughts if you've had any experience with this. Thank you.

Frey uses these on their cc model which is more street oriented but not sure which specific one they use.
Maxxis/Schwalbe 27.5*2.4-2.8"

Last edited:
On the CC they use Super Moto-X 27.5 x 2.4. Frey indicated that's the max width that will fit on the CC with fenders. Seems to be a popular tire / size for commuting. Watt Wagons uses them on the UCP.

Thanks for the replies, scout and Tom. Do either of you know the 2.4 will go on the same wheel I already have? I'm not very knowledgeable about bikes in general, so I'm trying to learn.

Thank you, both!

Frey just finished building my HT1000 and it's shipping with Schwalbe 27.5*2.8" Super Moto X tires. I can't say if different tire widths can also fit. Can I ask you what you experience has been so far with the HT1000? What top speeds you've hit? etc.?

I've topped 30 mph, but not very often. Frankly, I've been a little disappointed in the battery life. I have a 25 mile commute each way and the one time I did the full trip the battery didn't make it all the way. And that last mile was brutal! However, I may have been using too much power when I didn't really need it so I'll be doing another test when this pandemic is over. Oh, and I ordered some new tires which should have less rolling resistance.

I've topped 30 mph, but not very often. Frankly, I've been a little disappointed in the battery life. I have a 25 mile commute each way and the one time I did the full trip the battery didn't make it all the way. And that last mile was brutal! However, I may have been using too much power when I didn't really need it so I'll be doing another test when this pandemic is over. Oh, and I ordered some new tires which should have less rolling resistance.
Yeah, 30mph is a bit disappointing given everything I've read about what a beast the Bafang Ultra supposedly is. Did you opt for the 48V 21Ah battery or the 52V 17.5Ah?

I got the 48-21 since I want endurance rather than high speed.

I should mention also that I'm a pretty big guy at 6'2" and 250 pounds. Plus, when I'm riding I have a pannier full of gear, too.

I keep a second charger at work so I can charge it when I get in to work. It is always ready before the end of the workday.

Ok, I guess the speed makes sense then. It’s crazy, I read all these forums and reviews and the reported speeds vary wildly. The FLX Blade which has the same motor was reviewed on EBR to go 45 mph. As far as range, you probably already know that your commute is really stretching the limited of many ebikes. 50 miles is tough unless you use the lowest power assist settings.

Ok, I guess the speed makes sense then. It’s crazy, I read all these forums and reviews and the reported speeds vary wildly. The FLX Blade which has the same motor was reviewed on EBR to go 45 mph. As far as range, you probably already know that your commute is really stretching the limited of many ebikes. 50 miles is tough unless you use the lowest power assist settings.
I think these companies often use different controllers and batteries
so the performance of the Ultra is all over the place

Back