Challenger 2

Rejeanmontreal

Hello everyone,
I notice on the Chalenger 2, the battery is place under the frame. Very bad place to place a battery, rain, mud, sand, dust, snow from the front wheel in direct contact with the battery... Very bad...
Why do you think they place the battery under the frame ? Instead of on top with the previous Challenger.

i agree, not a good place to put the battery...
I'll not buy it because of that. I was very interrested of buying it, glad i check the battery placement...

i agree, not a good place to put the battery...
I'll not buy it because of that. I was very interrested of buying it, glad i check the battery placement...
This is actually not something to be concerned with. All our Duo bikes (Classic Duo, HD Duo, Ultra Duo, XD Duo) and FS Pro, FS Pro 2, Beast bikes all have batteries at the bottom of the downtube. There has been no issues of dirt/mud/etc having any negative impact on the battery as the exterior of the battery is a bash guard that protects it from all of the elements. It is worth noting that there are several thousands of these bikes on the market with zero issues caused due to the battery location.
The choice of having a battery at the bottom is two fold:
1. It allows for more cells/capacity. 48V 17.5Ah on the Challenger and 52V 17.5Ah on several of our other bikes
2. The dirt/mud/water splash will be minimal when compared to having it on the top and rained over.

I think the same. Also gravity works against it and susceptible to become loose.
That's a fallacy. If a battery mount is designed properly, this is a non-issue. You can see Specialized, Trek and other brand bikes priced over $10k with this kind of lower mounted batteries.

Back