Chain touching tire while in first gear

Mikev

Region
Canada
I noticed on my new Stunner X 26x4 that the chain is touching the tire when in first gear. Second gear of course fixes the issue. Normal?

pic 1.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, one of the joys of having fat tires. Or you can get an offset chainring to move it outwards but you would get worse chailine. You could use a narrower rim that would narrow the profile.

Yep, one of the joys of having fat tires. Or you can get an offset chainring to move it outwards but you would get worse chailine. You could use a narrower rim that would narrow the profile.
Maybe normal for Biktrix.

Could be the wheel dish, in relation to the hub, is off and biased towards the drive line side. By tightening the non drive side/left spokes you could shift it to bias towards that side and miss the tire. Just remember to take even turns on the nipples. If too hard back off on the drive side spokes evenly. Or put on a smaller tire.....

From the picture the tire protrudes beyond the fender which suggests the wheel alignment is off check the gap tire to frame on both sides. You might need to slide the left side back a bit.

I have this issue as well. I may just bring mine to the local bike shop and ask them to give my bike an initial inspection/tune up.

How a builder chooses this set of components and then let's it out the door is beyond me.. smh...
agreed, I have 4 fat tire bikes, none with this issue. but I have seen and heard about it from many owners of other brands of fat tire bikes.

It looks like the tire is very close to the chainstay also. Is it that close on the left side also? If not then as other have said maybe the wheel isn't centered in the chainstays. Does the bike have vertical or horizontal dropouts?

How a builder chooses this set of components and then let's it out the door is beyond me.. smh...
I wonder if this is what happens when the marketing people are in charge? And don't want no lip from the people who know what functions. I have seen this in organizations based on fear and appearances while run by a self-important fool.

I love the example of the S. Korean mall collapse. The guy didn't want back talk that the columns holding it up shouldn't be removed to make more room for more sales.

Would be really interesting to hear what "support" has to say.....

Many things are beyond people who think they know it all.
Admission is a first step to understanding limitations. 👍
At least this time you didn't waste 6 months of someone's life having them go back and forth with an LBS.

Admission is a first step to understanding limitations. 👍
At least this time you didn't waste 6 months of someone's life having them go back and forth with an LBS.
Keep trolling. You're good at it.
If you actually bother to read, you'll see in the other post that we didn't send anyone back and forth to the bike shop for 6 months - customer got a run around from a local bike shop even though we sent parts in time and were left in the dark about the run around he got from the lbs.

Most trolls don't read or comprehend the whole message so it's understandable that the details are perhaps beyond you. Back to ignore trolls mode.

Keep trolling. You're good at it.
If you actually bother to read, you'll see in the other post that we didn't send anyone back and forth to the bike shop for 6 months - customer got a run around from a local bike shop even though we sent parts in time and were left in the dark about the run around he got from the lbs.

Most trolls don't read or comprehend the whole message so it's understandable that the details are perhaps beyond you. Back to ignore trolls mode.
It's been my pleasure 😘
And then you still jerk'd him around even when you knew all. Only when embarrassed into doing the right thing did you...so my work was done, and quite well I might add. Don't you wish you could say the same.

Last edited:
Back