Chain rub

Marceltt

Hi guys just wondering do you find the chain rubs up against the side of your rear tire ? I saw on a few Rad bikes that the chain was tubing against the tire and putting wear on side of tire in rear. Just want to know if the Teo does this too ?

I just checked - no chaffing, err sorry, rubbing on the tire. Even on the biggest gear, it's very close but it clears the tire.

I am running 26 PSI, maybe if it was below 10 PSI.. dunno, I don't think so.

I just did my first 25 km each way commute. Also checked the chain for any tire shavings, nothing. No dmg, scratches on the side wall.
I am running 25 psi in the rear.
Could be like Denis mentions, are you running low PSI?
Low PSI give the tire a wider foot print.

I've tried 10 psi and I had no issues. I think the wide footprint is pretty much gone by the time its passing the chain? Anyways, no rub issues, just hard pedaling at that psi. Also the steering was awful.:eek:

I just did my first 25 km each way commute. Also checked the chain for any tire shavings, nothing. No dmg, scratches on the side wall.
I am running 25 psi in the rear.
Could be like Denis mentions, are you running low PSI?
Low PSI give the tire a wider foot print.
I don't own one but thinking of getting this bike as a second bike. I have seen two of the Rads in my town with the chain marks on the side of rear tires. Not sure what psi they have there tires at. That's why I asked this question

I don't own one but thinking of getting this bike as a second bike. I have seen two of the Rads in my town with the chain marks on the side of rear tires. Not sure what psi they have there tires at. That's why I asked this question
Haven't heard any Teo owners mention the chain rubbing, but it's a good question to ask.:) Had some fender rubs but they were a pretty easy fix.

Here is a pic of the chain rubbing against tire as it bounces around on numbs. This is a Rad

Attachments

• IMG_4575.JPG
    IMG_4575.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 918
Look at the seat stay, the tire is literally ml from touching. That tire looks like either more likely 4.5 or 4.8 possibly. 4.5 or higher seems to be too big for that frame.

@Marceltt
have you checked the wheel`s left nut if it became loose and your wheel is not centered anymore, looks like it may have moved to one side, just a suggestion since i have seen it happen to me on my Teo however it was not rubbing as much as yours does

@Marceltt
have you checked the wheel`s left nut if it became loose and your wheel is not centered anymore, looks like it may have moved to one side, just a suggestion since i have seen it happen to me on my Teo however it was not rubbing as much as yours does
Yes I have there good. I think the rubbing is from chain bouncing around on rough ground.

@Marceltt
Quite possible specially if you do a lot of climbing and use the large gear on the back,
have a look at mine after re-adjustment and making sure the wheel is centered but when I use the large gear it is possible for the chain to come close enough to rub on the tire specially when riding on rough terrain, never paid any attention to it till now, lucky for me I mostly ride on paved or smooth roads and on trails i stay in the middle of the back sprocket.
I keep my tires between 26PSI to 30PSI
Not rubbing it in just saying. Hope that it helps.
IMG_20170722_064131.jpg

Last edited:
@Marceltt
Quite possible specially if you do a lot of climbing and use the large gear on the back,
have a look at mine after re-adjustment and making sure the wheel is centered but when I use the large gear it is possible for the chain to come close enough to rub on the tire specially when riding on rough terrain, never paid any attention to it till now, lucky for me I mostly ride on paved or smooth roads and on trails i stay in the middle of the back sprocket.
I keep my tires between 26PSI to 30PSI
Not rubbing it in just saying. Hope that it helps.
View attachment 18291
I'm loving the look af the Teo

Wow, 2 cameras. Must be fun in post... Hope you're getting good shots.

Today I tried my new Prism Tube helmet cam for the 1st time.I'll try with 2 cameras later this week.

Yes, too many distracted drivers passing by mere inches of my left elbow, seems like nobody cares about the
1 meter law so just in case it comes to my word or theirs, hopefully the video will help or better yet hope I will never have to use it as evidence.

Back