Chain for Turbo Vado SL5

Howie7

Region
United Kingdom
Hi,
I measured the stretch on my chain today and after 1600 miles it’s showing almost 0.5% so I want to put a new chain on my 2022 Turbo Vado SL5, can anyone tell me if the SRAM PC NX Eagle Chain 12 speed 126 Links will need any links to be removed if going onto original set up (SRAM NX Eagle PG-1230, 12-speed, 11-50t cassette and SRAM X-SYNC 44t, 110BCD chainring)? If I replace the chain now I don’t think it will be necessary to change cassette or chainring until at least the next chain change.
Also when counting chain links should the easy link connector be counted as one of the links?
Thanks
Howie

Hi,
I measured the stretch on my chain today and after 1600 miles it’s showing almost 0.5% so I want to put a new chain on my 2022 Turbo Vado SL5, can anyone tell me if the SRAM PC NX Eagle Chain 12 speed 126 Links will need any links to be removed if going onto original set up (SRAM NX Eagle PG-1230, 12-speed, 11-50t cassette and SRAM X-SYNC 44t, 110BCD chainring)? If I replace the chain now I don’t think it will be necessary to change cassette or chainring until at least the next chain change.
Also when counting chain links should the easy link connector be counted as one of the links?
Thanks
Howie
I just put a new chain on my Vado SL 5 EQ. I had to remove one pair of links (124 links) to get enough pre-tension on the small rear cog to keep the idler wheel from hitting the cluster. You should hang the two chain from a nail on a rafter to compare lengths (ignoring effects of stretch). BTW, I purchased a GX chain and it works great.

I just put a new chain on my Vado SL 5 EQ. I had to remove one pair of links (124 links) to get enough pre-tension on the small rear cog to keep the idler wheel from hitting the cluster. You should hang the two chain from a nail on a rafter to compare lengths (ignoring effects of stretch). BTW, I purchased a GX chain and it works great.
Thanks, looks as though I’ll have to shorten the new chain then, what a nuisance!

Thanks, looks as though I’ll have to shorten the new chain then, what a nuisance!
For convenience, they usually only make chains in a couple of different lengths and I think I've had to remove links from every chain I've ever changed. Fortunately, chain breakers are cheap and easy to use.

Back