Cemoto Electric Folding Mountain Bike

There's no need for a seat suspension, the rear/front shocks work great and gives it a smooth ride especially when going over bumps and cracks. Add on a gel seat and it becomes super smooth and comfortable. This bike is twice as smooth as my Trail Maker which has the seat suspension. I wouldn't do anything performance wise to it as I live in an area that is mostly flat. It has a nice kick to it and moves me around nicely. The only performance upgrade I did was bought an extra battery, it's small and compact and I stick it in my front basket. I now can go twice the distances 65 + miles with no problem.

please keep us up to date on any modifications/improvments you make

i went to the bike shop yesterday and they had me sit on a bunch of different bike seats, got the cloud 9 contour
this seat seems heavy- have no idea how much the stock seat weighs
but it seemed very comfortable to me

worries me a little that you find the bike kind of heavy, i have to be able to fold it up and get it in my car trunk

anxiously waiting for mine to get here, will posts some feedback when it does

if anyone gets a chance could you send the height of the top of the center bar /battery area right in front of the folding part

wondering how tall it is

thanks

Like I said before I'm not sure my rear suspension is even working. The ride isn't very smooth. Unless I can figure it out or find a low cost replacement, the seat post suspension could be a comfortable solution. I'll get some pictures of this black beauty up here soon.

When you sit on the bike, you should feel or see a little give on the rear. The stock seat is far from a high end seat so a better one is recommended. You'll definitely notice a difference when you install better seat.

I do not know your bike, so I probably not say anything . But your shock should have a preload adjustment on it that you need to adjust to your weight. It might not have this adjustment if it is a cheap one.
If it does have the adjustment , set it up to with your weight on it there is still 1/2 or more travel in the shock. Not less. Ken.

I do not know your bike, so I probably not say anything . But your shock should have a preload adjustment on it that you need to adjust to your weight. It might not have this adjustment if it is a cheap one.
If it does have the adjustment , set it up to with your weight on it there is still 1/2 or more travel in the shock. Not less. Ken.

What does the adjustment looks like on the shock? Do you know where it's normally located? I see a screw that is located on the top of the shock but have no idea what it does. If you look at the pic, you will see 2 screw on top of the shock, it's the one on the right side.

20150601_200750.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not tell from the picture. You can just put a mark on it and the frame, so you know where it is supposed to be. Then just back it off a trun and see if it does anything . Trun it in a trun past the mark and see if that does anything. If it does help just trun it till it is good for you.
The ones I am used to have springs on the outside of the shock with two nuts that you adjust the preload with.
Sorry I could not have been more help. Ken.

KenM - no worries and thanks for your input. I will fiddle with that screw and see what it does and report back. :)

KenM - no worries and thanks for your input. I will fiddle with that screw and see what it does and report back. :)
You might want to do a hard target search on the web for available information for that shock. Search any markings you find. It's unlikely the shock is adjustable in anyway, most modest bike shocks aren't, but I don't know that for a fact. Most modest rear shocks have a simple steel spring on just an elastomer with minimal travel.

You might want to do a hard target search on the web for available information for that shock. Search any markings you find. It's unlikely the shock is adjustable in anyway, most modest bike shocks aren't, but I don't know that for a fact. Most modest rear shocks have a simple steel spring on just an elastomer with minimal travel.

I agree on every aspect but this screw seems odd and can't figure out the purpose of it. I will search and experiment until I find an answer. Stay tune. :)

So I figured it out. The screw is just a cap for a Schrader valve. I unscrewed the cap and let a little air out and now my rear shock works as it should. Pretty neat that the rear shock has that feature.

very interesting, is there some instructions etc on how much air the shock needs per bodyweight or whatever?
will do some research on this too

did some looking around for a pdf manual so i could read up on the first battery charging, putting the bike together etc before it gets here

found cemoto.cn which seems to be the manufacturer but their warranty says 2 years on the battery and motor, 1 year on the frame/rest of the bike

but electricbikeworld and the ebay seller do not give this warranty, wonder why

My Trail Maker has a 6 month warranty but the Cemoto only has 30 day. Both warranty has well over expired for me but I haven't had any issues whatsoever. It's a good thing they sell spare parts if I ever need them. The only major components to worry about are the motor and battery, anything else are easily replaceable (Walmart). I bought a spare battery to double my range but I hardly ever use it as the battery just keeps going and going.
I took a closer inspection of the screw on the rear shock and Ficus is correct in that you can release air to make it softer! It's actually a schrader valve like the ones on your car tires and on my bike tires. You can release or add more air into it to make it soft or hard. That means the shock is adjustable! This is soo awesome!

Attachments

• Adjustable shock 2.jpg
    Adjustable shock 2.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 475
  • Adjustable shock.jpg
    Adjustable shock.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
I am glad you found out how to adjust your shock . It will make the ride a lot better for you.
Just so you know, the kind of air valve that is , is a Schrader valve. The Presa valve is real skinny, and has a different shape.
Keep looking up! Ken.

I am glad you found out how to adjust your shock . It will make the ride a lot better for you.
Just so you know, the kind of air valve that is , is a Schrader valve. The Presa valve is real skinny, and has a different shape.
Keep looking up! Ken.

I stand corrected and made the edit, thanks!

Back