Celebrities on ebikes

My recent accident (and my first) was on a paved bike path.

Went airborne and landed on the side of my head in a concrete ditch... helmet saved my life. Landed on my forearm and knee first but did not keep me from banging my head and passing out.

Stuff happened so fast that even a black belt probably could not react in time.

You can see the dent in the picture I posted in the "Helmet... wear them" thread... just a precautionary tale, no one thinks they will get in an accident... but that's why it's called an accident.
When it's your time it's your time. Like I said it depends on the individual. Unless you are a experienced Judoka, it would be virtually impossible for you to estimate a Judoka's reaction.

Yesterday was Mike Brewer's last episode of "Wheeler Dealers" ' The British are leaving ' in America.
Mike opened the video riding an eBike.
Blurred logo on a black fat tire hardtail eBike with 'ape hangars' (pedego?)
Mike leaves the bike for 'Ant' Antstead

Yesterday was Mike Brewer's last episode of "Wheeler Dealers" ' The British are leaving ' in America.
I like that show. I noticed Ant got divorced and left the show as well. One of the few car shows I like on TV...

I like that show. I noticed Ant got divorced and left the show as well. One of the few car shows I like on TV...
Sorry to hear that the Wheeler Dealers is no more and Ant & Christina split up. :confused:

Last edited:
I thought they said they said the show was being relocated out of California and back to Britain.
Ant doesn’t need to play second fiddle to Mike as he’s been a highly respected car expert/mechanic/rebuilder for years. I’m sure he can get another car show gig easily. Personally, I’d love to see Edd China back on.

Last edited:
I thought they said they said the show was being relocated out of California and back to Britain.
Thanks, Nice to read that Mike will continue with another version of his creation.
What can he find to deal, ( race cars? ) Electric? Customizing?
He moved to California because of CARS.
I wonder, because importing our hot rods into Britain impossible ?
Parts maybe, a Jaguar with a Vortec V-8?

Last edited:
Thanks, Nice to read that Mike will continue with another version of his creation.
What can he find to deal, ( race cars? ) Electric? Customizing?
He moved to California because of CARS.
I wonder, because importing our hot rods into Britain impossible ?
Parts maybe, a Jaguar with a Vortec V-8?
I’ve been watching WD since the beginning. It’s still fun to watch but I think it’s present format is pretty played out at this point.

I've always enjoyed WD and feel they put their hearts and souls into the show and the fixers and in the end gave the buyers a beyond fair deal. Both guys very likeable...

I've always enjoyed WD and feel they put their hearts and souls into the show and the fixers and in the end gave the buyers a beyond fair deal. Both guys very likeable...
Yes ! Agreed.
What cars remain for Mike to market on back in soggy England? Rusty Bones?
I liked WD this season because,
I worked on some of those same cars , with my poor broke brothers, back in the '70s
maybe that's appealing to other gear heads.
X1-9 , TR-6 , Datsun 1600 , Spitfire, Morris, Fiat 124, 850 Spyder, Renault , VW

Yes ! Agreed.
What cars remain for Mike to market on back in soggy England? Rusty Bones?
I liked WD this season because,
I worked on some of those same cars , with my poor broke brothers, back in the '70s
maybe that's appealing to other gear heads.
X1-9 , TR-6 , Datsun 1600 , Spitfire, Morris, Fiat 124, 850 Spyder, Renault , VW
I wish that show had been around when I owned my ‘69 Fiat 124!

This is NOT what happened! He did not crash an ebike OR a spitzing ! he got hurt on a electric motorbike, one with a top speed of 75mph...he was used to the "gentle" throttling of a traditional ebike and this one pulled a wheelie and threw him off the back! https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlto...-motorbike-not-electric-bike/?sh=2beefe3c4d7f
Today in the news, music-producer Simon Cowell injured his back when he crashed in his Spitzing ebike. Hopefully this will raise the public's awareness of ebikes.
1. Simon Cowell is well-known British music producer. He was a host and judge of the TV show "American Idol" and also more recently "America's Got Talent". Due to his work in the American entertainment industry, one of his homes is in Santa Monica, near the beach. In August of 2020, he injured his back badly (requiring surgery), when he crashed his Spitzing M1 ebike.

It appears that Swind may be trying to skirt the law by including pedals on this electric motorbike.

1613272900348.png

Nonsense... Google TBI.

We are talking about celebs riding without helmets. ;)

Millions of Americans ride bicycles, but less than half wear bicycle helmets, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In the U.S., there were 900 deaths and an estimated 494,000 emergency room visits due to bicycle-related injuries in 2013, the study authors write. Using the American College of Surgeons’ National Trauma Data Bank, the researchers analyzed records of 6,267 people treated in 2012 for bleeding inside the skull after a bicycle accident.

One quarter of patients had been wearing a bicycle helmet at the time of their accident. Just over half of the patients had severe traumatic brain injuries and 3 percent died. Researchers found that people wearing helmets had 52 percent lower risk of severe TBI, compared to unhelmeted riders, and a 44 percent lower risk of death. Riders with helmets also had 31 percent lower odds of facial fractures. The upper part of the face, particularly around the eyes, was most protected. Helmets offered less protection against fractures to the lower part of the face, such as the nose and jaw.
And like I said some of the clebs are NOT riding their bikes SOOO, do they need to wear a helmet?
To which you said "when in doubt wear a helmet"😂

Thanks for the interesting compilation...allow me a few corrections/additions
Gene Hackman’s best film, and breakthrough for Francis Ford Coppola was “The Conversation”...puts the others to shame
Also there was no picture of the (in)famous reality TV star DJT. I did see a recent clip of Biden riding a bike
I'm in agreement, The Conversation was his very best and deserves another viewing. Still enjoy seeing him in films though. He plays a drunk real well!

Taylor it's horrible about your friend, but what makes you think that wearing a helmet would have made any difference? What little scientific evidence there is seems to suggest that helmets are a talisma. Unfortunately they're not much help when one runs into a 2 ton vehicle. Kind of makes me think of all the people you see now wearing masks while they're by themselves in a car - what exactly are they trying to protect themselves from? They're just basically making it harder to see the road around them. I'm sure the accident report pointed out that he wasn't wearing a helmet - shifting the blame to the cyclist instead of concentrating on the car driver who wasn't following the rules of the road. There's a reason why countries with biking cultures such as the Netherlands and Denmark don't use helmets. They spend their efforts in keeping cars away from bike paths.
Running light on ebikes at all times wouldn't be a bad thing. I drive my car with full lights at any hour of the day. I want to be seen!

They recently did a rebuild on the Triumph TR7, the under powered parent to my TR8 (yup a V8 in a 2k lbs sports car), I liked the show so much ( many of the parts are the same), that I saved it on my TIVO.

"I'm Taking Peter to ride his bike to work, don't worry"

Attachments

• buttigieg-bike-hypocrisy.jpg
    buttigieg-bike-hypocrisy.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 322
  • Butt_edge_edge.png
    Butt_edge_edge.png
    275.5 KB · Views: 326
Back