CCS with Jones H-bar... Awesomeness

Andy_in_CA

I just got my new handle bars installed. And they look and feel great. With neck issues this is a much more comfortable riding position. ( And the adjustable stem)

thoughts?

Andy

20171007_090623.jpg 20171007_090609.jpg hbar.jpg

I've never seen that sort of bar before! It looks great. Me too: neck issues. I will look into it after I get my CCSwehopeinnovember

I just got my new handle bars installed. And they look and feel great. With neck issues this is a much more comfortable riding position. ( And the adjustable stem)

If it’s comfortable to you that’s all that matters. Which stem is that? I’ve been looking for a shorter adjustable stem to raise my bars.

You'll definitely need a shorter stem... Had just enough room with the brake cut off sensor after I clipped a zip tie up there. Clearance is good. Still a tiny bit if slack at 90 degrees

Cool, & more room to mount stuff in front, I did sumpin similar with a 5" riser, adjustable stem, & light bar with
rings for my assorted DIY/Goodwill, snap-on bar bags.

View attachment 18636 View attachment 18637 View attachment 18638
Hi John,
I see you have some duck tape on the battery. Have you also had mounting problems or battery rattles? That is one concern I have before committing to getting this bike. Seems like some people have had issues. For me I'll be needing to take the battery on and off the bike everyday for charging. Not sure if this will be reliable in the long run.

Hi John,
I see you have some duck tape on the battery. Have you also had mounting problems or battery rattles? That is one concern I have before committing to getting this bike. Seems like some people have had issues. For me I'll be needing to take the battery on and off the bike everyday for charging. Not sure if this will be reliable in the long run.
That little piece of duct tape is just to keep moisture out of the switch. It rains here....a lot, but I ride rain or shine. The battery is a very snug fit & can be
a hassle snapping it in, but this bike is worth it. I keep it covered outside, but as the weather get cooler, metal contracts a bit. Still, I'd rather have the
snug fit than a loose one. (P.S. that tape also camoflages the switch)

Looks comfortable.. did you need new wires? they look like they reach with no problem.

Harry, I did something similar with an adjustable stem & 5" riser bar. It took some tweaking, but I got it to work without changing the wires. Now
that I have the whole bike dialed in to suit me,( including a viable mirror solution), it's just perfect. The one other thing I may experiment with is
a triple chainring & front derailleur. Since I plan to travel great distances,(or just for fun), I'd like to be able to pedal without power comfortably.
I have a variety of triple chainrings, but I'm looking at a 50/40/28. That might cost me a bit of top end, but another 'heavy' bike I have pedals
pretty well without it's 2.2hp gas engine running. Preliminary measurements suggest it might work. If it won't, that's cool; it's still a amazing bike
just the way it is.

015.JPG Here are a few other things I've done toward making my CCS not just a commuter, but a travel bike as well: 1) after the golf club
mirror failed, I simply bored out the end of the ergo grip & installed a quality *Mirrycle bar end that can rotate inward out of the way.
The internal clamp still holds the grip in position. 2) i swapped out the black, clip-on bar bag for this one,(better fit, more functional).
Top part holds glasses, a hex set, lock,& needlenose. The bottom half, gloves, a ski mask, small first aid kit, tube, levers, & a space blanket.
3) My in-frame, made from a carry-on,($6,Goodwill), fit on the top tube like a saddle. My heavier tools go in the bottom. 4) I opted for a double-legged kickstand as well as the rear mount. it allows me to rock either wheel off the ground for service or tuning.

*I like these mirrors; the stay adjusted well. .003.JPG 004.JPG 002 (2).JPG

Last edited:
I also have neck issues, 4 levels fused in my neck. I can't lean forward and look upwards so I need a raised adjustable stem and bars that require less reach, like John Peck's bars. Also with a raised seating position I will need a more comfortable seat. I have no clue where to order parts other than the local bike shop. Could someone point me in the direction where I can order:
1) raised adjustable stem (how high can I go?)
2) bars with more rise and pull back
3) comfortable seat

I also have neck issues, 4 levels fused in my neck. I can't lean forward and look upwards so I need a raised adjustable stem and bars that require less reach, like John Peck's bars. Also with a raised seating position I will need a more comfortable seat. I have no clue where to order parts other than the local bike shop. Could someone point me in the direction where I can order:
1) raised adjustable stem (how high can I go?)
2) bars with more rise and pull back
3) comfortable seat

Check out the last couple of entries in this thread....there are some links for parts

Back