Carrying Spare Pedego Rear Rack Batteries

LOVE that bag. The velcro are a PITA if you try to snag them between the battery and the rack, but they are long enough to go all the way around the battery. I don't do that- it feels more secure looping around the rack. I didn't put it down the side because I wanted the weight centered, but it does make the bike a little "tippy" on the kickstand.

I'm only going to do this for trips that might exceed 25 miles. My battery is 2 years old and I often get home after a 20-25 mile ride with 1 bar so it's really for my "range anxiety"

My alternative solution was going to be to bring the charger and plan on a Starbucks break ... but I like this solution better!
Originally, I did the same thing and only carried the spare battery on longer trips. I have since added a down tube battery and just switch between the two as needed.

IMG_1206a.jpg

I'm not sure which model Pedego you have, but my Platinum Interceptor was also "tippy", especially with weight on the rear rack.

A cheap and simple fix is to add a shim in the kickstand mechanism

P1070553a.jpg
P1070554a.jpg
:

I screwed mine on, but a little gorilla glue will work just as well.

The shim moves the point where the kickstand touches the ground 4" to the rear. This makes the bike much more stable.

P1070551.JPG
P1070549a.jpg

There is also a length adjustment screw on the plastic kickstand foot which helps as well.

I have the convertible bag also. Had to give it up because it made my city commuter far too top heavy. Actually tipped over a couple of times getting on and off the bike. But I do have their premiers and I do love them but yes they are expensive

Back