Canyon?

I have looked at European and North American websites of Canyon. While the brand offers the whole palette of e-bikes, many of them very interesting (Bosch, Shimano and Fazua motors), the North American selection is just ridiculous.

Compare these two websites:
(Polish site - in English) - Grail:ON, Endurance:ON, Spectral:ON, Neuron:ON, Pathlite:ON, Grand Canyon:ON, and RoadLite:ON.

(U.S. site)
Grail:ON, and Spectral:ON. That's it.

FYI-I looked at the US site again in the "In stock ready to buy" section and they do not list the "ON" series there, however they do list the ones referenced above on their page in the E-bikes section. Kinda mis-leading advert IMO.

Never thought about it that way but an ex pro mtb buddy from Colorado that is now executive director of IMBA rides their brand here in the states. Sure seems like he is pimping Canyon according to his Igram posts, mtb and he has a Grail too. Although I'm not a huge fan of mid drive road bikes I have been thinking about seeing if he'd set me up with an :ON :) but if I had to pay for one I would go with the Wabash as I like the idea of a double chainring which I have the equivalent of on my bikes although I use a Schlumpf drive to achieve it.
If you ever end up purchasing one, it would be interesting to see how you rate the brand from your own perspective. I've always been a fan of the company culture and the way they market their products. I see some of the YT guys (EMBN) using the bike as a demo when making comparisons to other competitors in this space.

I've gone through both the US and global website and it looks like there's just no way to get Canyon ebikes shipped to the U.S. I've emailed them, but no responses yet.

I've gone through both the US and global website and it looks like there's just no way to get Canyon ebikes shipped to the U.S. I've emailed them, but no responses yet.
Correct! Looks like it may be a tall order for them right now. I have not seen anything progressing towards this in the last 2 years. I have been getting a lot of broken promises from them at this juncture in time.

Correct! Looks like it may be a tall order for them right now. I have not seen anything progressing towards this in the last 2 years. I have been getting a lot of broken promises from them at this juncture in time.

That's really too bad. I've seen their regular bikes and they are very nice-esp for the price!

Great News Folks!! Canyon has just announced that various E-bike models are coming to the US in all sizes S-XL. "Coming soon: 9/21/20 - 9/25/20"

1598301487625.png

I looked at the Canyon European offer. Nice bikes indeed. The weakness is they only offer 25 km/h e-bikes here.

What a gorgeous rig, though. I ran across a young woman last year riding a new high end Canyon road bike - well, until she had a flat - and that thing was an absolute work of art just sitting there.

just got mine here in Manila. canyon does not ship ebikes to manila so i had to go through the USA site. extremely happy with the bike. i always loved the grail series in terms of looks so this Grail:On was a no brainer. canyon also has the reputation for value for money given its direct to consumer business style.

my regret is that i should have ordered the etap version so as to get the carbon rims. as it is i went with the more reliable and trusty shimano grx model (my humble opinion). thus i missed out on carbon rims. ugh.

nonetheless, this is a good bike. i love it. double decker bar and all.

just got mine here in Manila. canyon does not ship ebikes to manila so i had to go through the USA site. extremely happy with the bike. i always loved the grail series in terms of looks so this Grail:On was a no brainer. canyon also has the reputation for value for money given its direct to consumer business style.

my regret is that i should have ordered the etap version so as to get the carbon rims. as it is i went with the more reliable and trusty shimano grx model (my humble opinion). thus i missed out on carbon rims. ugh.

nonetheless, this is a good bike. i love it. double decker bar and all.
I wanted to get the carbon wheels as well but Canyon didn't have the etap version in stock so I 'settled' for the shimano-equipped Grail-On. I'm happy to have saved $1,200 although shaving 2 lbs would have been nice.

I wanted to get the carbon wheels as well but Canyon didn't have the etap version in stock so I 'settled' for the shimano-equipped Grail-On. I'm happy to have saved $1,200 although shaving 2 lbs would have been nice.
the carbon wheels are $2000. huhuhu. so spending the $1200 on the eTap gets you the eTap (well duh hehe) and $2000 carbon rims.

Back