Can't find front mudguard/fender to fit 26x4,8 MAXXIS tyres.

Those are the same as the ones i have. The front just doesn't seem to anchor enough. I have cable ties on it too but it still slips a bit. Ty though 👍
You can check this out for suggestions.

I use the Quietkat fenders on my fat folder. They are 5" wide.
I think looking at those they may be better quality and stronger components than the ones i have. I'll let you know how i go. Thank you 👍

If you are somewhat handy... I have similar mud guards on my bike that mount to the bottom of the steer tube with an expanding plastic nut. I tossed the plastic nut and used a steer tube star nut and sandwich'd the bracket with better washers. I also had to drill out the bracket mounting slot a little as the star nut requires a larger 6mm bolt... Much stronger

If you are somewhat handy... I have similar mud guards on my bike that mount to the bottom of the steer tube with an expanding plastic nut. I tossed the plastic nut and used a steer tube star nut and sandwich'd the bracket with better washers. I also had to drill out the bracket mounting slot a little as the star nut requires a larger 6mm bolt... Much stronger

Awesome buddy, ty! I think the ones Bill suggested with your "mod" will make them bullet proof. The ones Bill suggested are better components all round than mine so i take it they will be just a better mud guard all over. Using your "mod" will give me the best all round mud guard available. Ty guys 👍

Awesome buddy, ty! I think the ones Bill suggested with your "mod" will make them bullet proof. The ones Bill suggested are better components all round than mine so i take it they will be just a better mud guard all over. Using your "mod" will give me the best all round mud guard available. Ty guys 👍

Mine have stayed attached with stock attachment thru every ride whether out pedaling or on rear bike hitch traveling at 70+ mph. Little over priced, but you get a well made product.

Mine have stayed attached with stock attachment thru every ride whether out pedaling or on rear bike hitch traveling at 70+ mph. Little over priced, but you get a well made product.
Mine:

After reading reviews that they can loosen up I didn't bother with the plastic nut. It may have been fine but I had the star nut and was in the process of replacing the fork so I was in work mode anyway. I also attached my headlight to the bracket and wanted it as secure as possible.

Good to know. Three years ago I manufactured a pair of 5" wide carbon fiber fenders for my fat bike. None existed at that time.

I intend to buy the one Bill suggested and use the hack Gionni thought up. Thinking about it i'd say it's about as strong as you can get. The original components seem very good and Gionni's hack just seems to add strength to it. I'll keep you posted once i get it and mod it in. I'm pretty confident it'll be a solid upgrade. 💪 💪

Back