Cancelling a R&M purchase....interested in opinions!

TimJohn

Message sent to the owner of my LBS....

I wanted to chat with you regarding my order of the Multicharger Mixte Vario. I have been reconsidering the purchase and was wondering if I could propose to you a change to my order. After much consideration and chats with the salesperson, I tried to update the order to include the pannier bags that are designed for this Multicharger model. He proposed and I initially concurred that going to a Tern product (37 L Tern cargo Hold) would be workable.

However, I was exploring my options and would consider cancelling this order and purchasing the Tern GSD SOO LX Gen 2. Its a more expensive model but I would be my hope that Citi-bikes could accommodate my requests. I fully understand this was a special order and there maybe some inflexibility with your policies of a change order.

The main reason my change of heart is the inflexibility of R&M 's production scheduling. I ordered and took delivery of a BMW i3 and even up until the moment of assembly of this vehicle they were able to accommodate some of small changes I had requested. This also reflects on R&M's supply line of accessories after purchase. I am not sure because of this I trust I couldn't add on items after purchase with lots of trouble with supply and the shipping costs.

I am very please with the salesperson and his frankness in this matter and would be pleased to purchase any e-bike from your store. Thanks for you time.

Regards....Timothy

Swapping one good bike for another. Nice choices. I would think with current demand, the LBS could easily sell the R&M to another customer. Assuming R&M is already filling the order and it can't be cancelled. Of course if R&M hasn't filled the order then a cancellation should be easy. Seems like a reasonable request to me and shouldn't be a request that leave the LBS holding the bag. I didn't get the Citibikes part though - is that the name of the LBS? I thought Citibikes was a bike share program.

LBS is an abbreviated term for local bike supplier. I haven't heard back from them (Citi-bikes is a local e-bike dealership). In a holding pattern right now but I just checked the price of the Tern S00 LX (Gen 2) and its about $1500 more expensive. I may change my mind.

Very informative and thanks for pointing this my way. It certainly puts my concerns in perspective and the reality check that I guess needs to be considered.

Ok I made a final decision ... I am going to stick to my original order and wait for the Multicharger. If anyone wants to chime in with a comparison between the Tern and my choice please feel free.

Back