Can you run your motor with just a Throttle?

noobz

Can you run the motor with just a throttle device without the data meter display. This will obviously take out features like various gear speed settings, speed, trip/odometer, and other configurations but I've been wondering has anyone tried this without meter display connected? Are you able to get full range of power by using just the throttle? Does it limit power or does it give you full available power by default?
Here's the reference on the typical throttle wires (Green, Red, Black for throttle line), 1 yellow for battery +, 1 blue for electric lock.
thumb-throttle-wires-png.64491

I BELIEVE SO.SEEMS TO ME WHILE CHECKING THE FUNCTION OF THE MOTOR ON PURCHASE, I JUST CONNECTED THE THROTTLE TO VERIFY FUNCTION OF THE MOTOR.

Cool thanks.
I am not into 'throttle' bikes but most of my builds do not have a functional odometer or speedometer showing on the display because I remove the wheel speed limiting magnet. These are mostly torque sensor builds, so the 'throttle' is in your foot. Here is an example or two. Note the lack of wires and connectors. These blow past store and online eBikes for long rides with big hills.

Attachments

• GTBlue04.JPG
    GTBlue04.JPG
    373 KB · Views: 286
  • PublicV7Saddle.JPG
    PublicV7Saddle.JPG
    657.9 KB · Views: 281
I am not into 'throttle' bikes but most of my builds do not have a functional odometer or speedometer showing on the display because I remove the wheel speed limiting magnet. These are mostly torque sensor builds, so the 'throttle' is in your foot. Here is an example or two. Note the lack of wires and connectors. These blow past store and online eBikes for long rides with big hills.
Dude, I have a race bike and have gone as fast as 40 mph on a slight uphill...I pedaled like Greg LeMond...using my Trek 1400 road bike in the early 90s. I used to ride with other fellas who were racers and time trial athletes. I still ride bike today, scared the electric biker that passed me at the light and I caught up to him in my mountain bike.

Anyways I'm planning on putting a powerful controller in my new electric scooter. Want to make a single, real wheel drive configuration using an 80 amp controller.

Back