Came home from work to see a big surprise on my porch!

I got mine yesterday too!

56976159241160633389.jpg

I rode it 9.4 miles this morning. Mostly level 1 or 2 pedal assist (of 1-5, I changed it to 1-9 after I got home). A few throttle uses to help take offs. Had 90% left on the battery when I got home.

It's my first eBike. Been riding my old bike pretty much every day for the last 3 years.

I gotta say this is a lot different setup but I'm liking it thus far. The first time I test rode it I was sure the speedo was not reading correctly because 15MPH on my old bike feels a heck of a lot faster than 15MPH on this bike. I mounted my garmin GPS to it and sure enough the speedo is right this bike just feels a lot "slower" vs my old bike.

I guess that's a good thing?

...this bike just feels a lot "slower" vs my old bike.

I guess that's a good thing?
The sensation of speed is probably due to the stability of the ride. It's like cars nowadays; they ride so smoothly and isolate you from the environment that you can't tell you're going so fast.

The sensation of speed is probably due to the stability of the ride. It's like cars nowadays; they ride so smoothly and isolate you from the environment that you can't tell you're going so fast.

This. I think tire width and steering responsiveness are big factors, and weight to a lesser extent (though a heavy fork slows steering).

Also one reason why people thought wider tires were slower than they actually are.

I rode it 9.4 miles this morning. Mostly level 1 or 2 pedal assist (of 1-5, I changed it to 1-9 after I got home). A few throttle uses to help take offs. Had 90% left on the battery when I got home.

I wonder if that 90% is very accurate. In a thread about the "700 range", someone stated that they were pretty sure 90% on the display really equated to 50% or less real battery charge left.

With the 9 assist level settings, how would you describe those lower assist levels, 1, 2, and 3 (out of 9) for riding on flat ground with no headwinds if you want get a decent workout (such as a heart rate up to 80% of max) pedaling on a long ride? Would you be going 10, 15, 20 mph? I haven't had an e-bike yet, and I am concerned that the amount of assist will be too high when I'm mainly wanting to get good exercise but would really love to tame the big hills that are too exhausting to climb.

One of the main reasons I ride my bike is for health reasons and this being my first eBike I was also concerned about this. From the initial impressions it seems like you can still get a pretty decent workout if you stick with the lower PA #'s and tool around at 15mph.

Thanks again. That's good to hear. For now, I've narrowed my focus on the Ride1UP LMT'D, Ride1UP 700, and Ride1UP 500 for non-fat-tire bikes and the Rize X for fat tire bikes since those asphalt roads I ride on eventually get gravel dumped on them. Of course, none of these bikes are available now, so I'll probably end up stretching this out until next year trying to score one earlier in the season.

Last edited:
Back