Came across a bike vs pickup truck accident – need to be careful and follow the rules.

rajron

The rider was in great pain but no obvious open wounds he had a helmet he was alert and wanting to move out of the road but was in too much pain, and it’s not a good idea to move until someone who knows allows it – he should be okay after several weeks oh, and the cops came within five minutes – our town have very responsive cops.
The rider’s bike looks new and expensive big tire with large battery has several parts broken, I picked some broken parts off the road, but it will work again after a few hundred dollars.
Couldn’t see a scratch on the truck.
The accident occurred before my eyes but I was a about a quarter mile away up one of the boulevards so I only saw commotion in the road with someone going down and a full-size pickup truck stopped. The accident occurred in a dangerous spot, major intersection where two boulevards intersect three lanes each, a very busy gas station, and it also intersects with a multiuse path.
From what I saw of the accident it looked as if the biker was ridding the wrong way against traffic, towards me and tried to avoid the truck as the truck was pulling out of the gas station, the truck driver said he never saw the biker for he was not looking for a bike going the wrong way.

I see way to many wrong way riders.not as many on e bikes. the first part of the pandemic where everyone and their dog bought bikes it was crazy. they were far worse then the cars to deal with. even with the bike path marked with a arrow what direction I see idiots going the wrong way.

Back