Bye Grace & hello Stromer :-) :-)

elbikefun

After weeks of being torn between my senses and emotions; the emotions got the better of me today: Payment have been transfered to Hamburg in Germany for a brand new Stromer ST2 s :)

It will probably arrive within 7-10 days. Ordered the 22" frame, suspension seatpost, luggagerack and a nice set of pannier-bags.

What did this cost me ? Two used pinballmaschines, a used Grace MX e-bike (a sale is agreed upon, but not finalized) and a half month`s netto paycheck.

For just a little more; I could have bought a new or new`ish Zero motorbike. Would have enjoyed that also; but decided on the Stromer. The reason for that; is the everyday enjoyment I expect/ goal to get out of it.

I know there is a Stromer ST-1 in Norway. BUT I know for sure, I think ( ;-) ); there are no ST2`s at all.

I have enjoyed the ownership of my Grace MX bike, and expect the Stromer to enhance this enjoyment even more.

So I hope not to regret parting of my classic pinballmaschines ;-)

Great choice, glad to hear search was in wks. Mine went on for months before everything pointed to St2. Just had to point the pen at the check. Glad I did , what abike ! Would do it again. Was the 1st in , Texas .Congrats

... decided on the Stromer. The reason for that; is the everyday enjoyment I expect/ goal to get out of it.)

That's how it should be.

Tough decision congrats! Enjoy to ride and carry always the Inbus key (seatpost), the battery door key (system reset) and the mobile with the app (salvation from theft-mode).

upload_2016-6-14_18-27-27.png

Great choice, glad to hear search was in wks. Mine went on for months before everything pointed to St2. Just had to point the pen at the check. Glad I did , what abike ! Would do it again. Was the 1st in , Texas .Congrats

Thank you, David.

I am happy you are satisfied with your choise. :)

May I ask if you considered other models ? What are your "sales-pitch" for the ST2 ? For what purpose did you get this bike ?

I have not had the pleasure of actually seeing or testing any Stromer. So abit scary this.

Some of my basic impressions of it; is a great look, good specs. And offcourse; alot of reading on the net; about comments & reviews of the St2.

My ambivalence for this bike; is the premium prices and technical problems I have read some owners had disfortune of experiencing. I also have a impression that most problems have been fixed.
A factor which was important to my decission; was a good impression of the dealer I buy from. I feel that I will be met with servicemindness if problems occure. .

That's how it should be.

Tough decision congrats! Enjoy to ride and carry always the Inbus key (seatpost), the battery door key (system reset) and the mobile with the app (salvation from theft-mode).

View attachment 6398

Thank you, bluecat :)

Good advice :)

By the way; I am happy to follow your longterm-test on http://www.stromerforum.ch/
Unfortunately; my german-language-skills are not as good as they should; but with some use of google-translate and my own language-skills; I get the meaning ;-)

• Hi, like you elbikefun I was wanting a Grace model , but none to ride and weak US dealer support . I liked the looks and belt drive , and ofcourse German engineering. Good thing I passed as they have ceased operations here I read on the forum. Whew! As to the St2 choice was the phenomenal promotional online video and a test ride that sealed the deal. I use mine like car. I have a Burley Trailer for hauling big loads. I picked up a large pizza and strapped it on my panniers with a bungie net , on the way home last night. My legs hit but it was manageable. Great pics! by the way. Really looks great. Saw a great report on Norways EVs on a Euro channel news yesterday . Lots of incentives and use of bus lane sounded nice. Felt like 105 degrees Fahrenheit here today in Austin ,Texas. With battery removed it took 45 min. before I felt it was cool enough to plug in charger. And that was with a fan on it. Let us know when yours arrives, want to hear the report. Gotta go look at those pics again o_O

Last edited:
Looks good, hope you can get the seat post low enough to work for you. That's quite a lot of saddle-to-bar drop as pictured.

Back