Buying an Abus Lock using a Key Code

CraigR

I recently bought a Vado 3.0 and the battery lock is keyed with the Abus Plus system, which provides a code to buy other locks using the same key. My hope is to use the key code that came with the bike's battery lock to order a bike lock that is keyed the same. Problem is I can't find a shop in the Seattle area that will order an Abus lock from the maker with they key code. Does anyone know of a shop in Seattle that will order the lock with a key code? Or as an alternative, is there some place online I can buy a lock using the key code?

I recently bought a Vado 3.0 and the battery lock is keyed with the Abus Plus system, which provides a code to buy other locks using the same key. My hope is to use the key code that came with the bike's battery lock to order a bike lock that is keyed the same. Problem is I can't find a shop in the Seattle area that will order an Abus lock from the maker with they key code. Does anyone know of a shop in Seattle that will order the lock with a key code? Or as an alternative, is there some place online I can buy a lock using the key code?

Odd that a local Abus dealer won't order for you. The Abus USwebsite perhaps will have a dealer locator (?). All keyed-alike orders in the US go through the same distributor in Illinois which is part owned by Abus. I was told this by a good source. In my Tern GSD thread, I just related success in having the GSD batteries and an Abus Bordo keyed alike to my Riese and Muller. So right now I have 2 bikes with 4 batteries and 2 Abus folding locks working on the same key. My LBS is in the Detroit area. Not sure if they would do a long distance or online order. But if you're looking for a competent shop that does online business which also is a big Abus dealer and has experience getting locks keyed-alike then give Propel Bikes in Brooklyn a call. Chris Nolte's staff knows what they are doing and I think this is a routine process for them.

Last edited:
same TV3 key deal. i tried two LBS's who had no idea what i was talking about. So I called the US Abus branch in chicago, and learned the "plus" is not the "X plus" key and there is a non-advertised product called the Bordo 6405 which uses the "plus" key, and that the dealer had to make the order through a distributor called "highway two" with a form I filled out. Apparently, with that information, my LBS knew what to do, tho it will take a couple of weeks to come from Germany where the keys are laser-cut.

Attachments

• KA Order Form USA.pdf
    91.2 KB · Views: 720
  • YourPlus Locks 2018 .pdf
    1 MB · Views: 1,073
Received the bordo 6405 key-alike today in time for a ride tomorrow with a lockup halfway.
It came with either a waterbottle mount or a solid plastic strap secured by screws, but did not include velcro straps.

But Boy is it heavy!

Back