Buyer beware, blatant lying on Specialized UK website!

I’m not sure “mistakes happen” is the brand reputation Specialized is aiming for. Although you have a point, if I could argue I was mislead into my purchase perhaps I could get the 600Wh battery for free! They are asking people to spend £3000 plus on a pedal bicycle. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect crystal clear info on the website.
Ive never ever been on such a roller coaster journey with any product I’ve ever bought before. I would love to shout from the rooftops about how much I love my bike. But whilst my local dealer has been beyond outstanding, Specialized themselves have not. If you are interested, you could also look up the complete farce over the smartphone App. This was yet another lie on their website as it never existed. I owned the bike for more than a year and had to have the entire computer and wiring changed in order to get the smartphone App I was promised already existed when I bought the bike.
”Mistakes Happen” indeed..... Lets get them to make it their new brand logo.

I totally hear your point, spending that much leads to understandable expectations. No dissimilar to buying a Porsche 911! I'm a huge fan of asking customers to instill their faith and funds in my expertise only to deliver said expectation. Our operating philosophy is, if someone has a problem with the previous Blox display, I'll eat the cost of the upgrade on my end to take care of the end customer because I asked their trust in the process. We are a small shop and perhaps are afforded the ability to make this decision. Larger shops this may not be possible simply due to volume, I try to be solutions oriented and want to work forward in such a manner.

Specialzied is trying to push the envelope and this can be an unfortunate byproduct of misinformation at bad timing intervals. Again, in my experience it's always a communication breakdown fueled by increased demand. When the phone rings 30 times in a 5 hour period it's hard to work with the reps (who have a much larger workload) to get solutions going for our end customers. Patience goes a long way and I try and coach our customers as such, within reason. Again, spending said amount for a premium product warrants expectations not only for customer as it does dealers of their suppliers. We try and take an approach of working WITH suppliers to take care of our customers who try hard to work WITH us. Not to over quote the now common phrase but we are all in this together!

"Mistakes happen" is not what they are aiming for with regard to aligning their company to a brand strategy, but bear in mind, no one (in the larger respected companies) is out to "get" anyone! Dealers need to always work with suppliers to fix these miscommunications and that's always a challenging deal, ask Stefan!

I totally hear your point, spending that much leads to understandable expectations. No dissimilar to buying a Porsche 911! I'm a huge fan of asking customers to instill their faith and funds in my expertise only to deliver said expectation. Our operating philosophy is, if someone has a problem with the previous Blox display, I'll eat the cost of the upgrade on my end to take care of the end customer because I asked their trust in the process. We are a small shop and perhaps are afforded the ability to make this decision. Larger shops this may not be possible simply due to volume, I try to be solutions oriented and want to work forward in such a manner.

Specialzied is trying to push the envelope and this can be an unfortunate byproduct of misinformation at bad timing intervals. Again, in my experience it's always a communication breakdown fueled by increased demand. When the phone rings 30 times in a 5 hour period it's hard to work with the reps (who have a much larger workload) to get solutions going for our end customers. Patience goes a long way and I try and coach our customers as such, within reason. Again, spending said amount for a premium product warrants expectations not only for customer as it does dealers of their suppliers. We try and take an approach of working WITH suppliers to take care of our customers who try hard to work WITH us. Not to over quote the now common phrase but we are all in this together!

"Mistakes happen" is not what they are aiming for with regard to aligning their company to a brand strategy, but bear in mind, no one (in the larger respected companies) is out to "get" anyone! Dealers need to always work with suppliers to fix these miscommunications and that's always a challenging deal, ask Stefan!

I like your customer service philosophy ... what brands do you support and service?

Thanks! Specialized, Pinarello, Bulls, Scott, Yamaha are bikes we're dealers for and stock (in limited QTY). Service everything!

Edit: I figured a Porsche guy would dig what we do;)

Yes! Let me know if you sell Yamaha parts... feel free to PM me, thanks. ;)
I need another motor mounting bolt (M5-11Nm stainless) for my PW-X.
part #3 in the diagram.

1593295641860.png

Last edited:
Back