Built a new ebike with Bafang G06 250W - not performing good enough

steelpantherr

Hello there!

Im new to this forum but not to the ebike scene. Im on my fourth ebike at the moment.
My current build is a fatbike with a bafang G06 250W motor, I belive its the same as the one on Surface 604 / Sondors.

What im strugling with is the preformance. I have a controller rated MAX 22 amp and 11 amp continiues. My battery is 17,5 ah Sanyo/Panasonic 3500 36v battery.

When fully charged I can not peak over 500W. I was told the peak power was over 800 by the seller.

Also at the bafang website they have this motor rated 250 - 750w. What is the diffrence on these motors? I cant seem to figure it out. Is it just battery and controller that affect the power out?

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I just figured it out - The controller was programed to not perform over the 500w limit.

Last edited:
Hello there!

Im new to this forum but not to the ebike scene. Im on my fourth ebike at the moment.
My current build is a fatbike with a bafang G06 250W motor, I belive its the same as the one on Surface 604 / Sondors.

What im strugling with is the preformance. I have a controller rated MAX 22 amp and 11 amp continiues. My battery is 17,5 ah Sanyo/Panasonic 3500 36v battery.

When fully charged I can not peak over 500W. I was told the peak power was over 800 by the seller.

Also at the bafang website they have this motor rated 250 - 750w. What is the diffrence on these motors? I cant seem to figure it out. Is it just battery and controller that affect the power out?

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I just figured it out - The controller was programed to not perform over the 500w limit.

Is that a hub motor or mid drive? I think a fat bike is pushing the limits of a 250w motor depending on the riders weight too. I have a 250w in the front hub of a fat bike. It is straining to pull my 230lbs and those fat tires. The 350w in the rear is happier pushing me at lower speeds. In the Eco mode (not power level) the bike starts out using the larger rear motor and then switches to the higher speed 250w motor at a certain speed for max efficiency. It works very well! (Easy Motion Big Bud)

It's a geared hub motor with a 190mm wide axle to fit fatbikes. Said to be the same as what's in the 250W Sondors which owners say will do 18 mph..

If you look at the Bafang website, they have 250W, 350W, 500W, and 750W models that all have the same physical dimensions, so I suspect they're all the same. Designed with enough metal and wires to run 48V and 15A, which would be 750 W, but they sell it with smaller controllers and stamp lower watt ratings on the case.

I have one stamped 350W as the rear motor in my 51 pound fatbike. I think it runs nice for a street bike (also about 18 mph) with a 36V battery and 17A (max) controller. If I believe the meter, I'm getting 500 watts into the motor.

I love the motor, used it in the "mountains" and on the beach, the motor dosent even get hot. The controller is designed in a way to suit EU laws, throttle works as a boost effect. It peaks 800w.

Back