Bryton Rider 530

Mr. Zip

IMG_1064.JPG
Just installed the Bryton 530 GPS Bike Computer to my extender bar. Ready to give it a go.

What does that offer that my smartphone running say ViewRanger cant' do?
Aside from, I assume, a display that can be seen in the Sun. :)

Please give us a mini review.

What does that offer that my smartphone running say ViewRanger cant' do?
Aside from, I assume, a display that can be seen in the Sun. :)

Please give us a mini review.
I was on the fence about buying. I tried a few Phone apps. I wanted a dedicated platform to track my rides. Plus I can use on another bike and keep all separate. Once I get to use it some more I will give an update.

I've been using one of those for a few months. Battery life is good. All in all it's a success. A few glitches to mention:

Occasionally it loses GPS signal and can't figure out how to restart itself when it gets the signal again. So at that point, it will give my speed (more or less accurately) but my mileage no longer goes up. When this happens, you have to stop recording, wait a while, and then start recording again. It helps to do this when not moving-- the device seems to find satellites more easily when not moving.

The other problem is it seems confused about miles and kilometers. I use miles. I have my device set to miles and pounds, rather than kilometers and kilograms; and when I use the active bryton site to plan routes, I have that set as miles as well. But then, when I use the device to follow a track, it does it in kilometers.

If anyone knows a fix to the latter, I'd like to hear about it.

Back