Brand New Lectric Ebike Display / battery issue?

EBIKENHEWBIE

Ok, I am not entirely sure how to ask a question in this forum So I will start here. NEW Lectric Bike, 21 miles on it, using under power does not seem to matter if pedaling or all throttle, display suddenly flashes E and goes blank. Shows full battery. Remove Battery, insert Battery I get power again for some times a few hundred feet and it does it again. Thoughts?

Ok, I am not entirely sure how to ask a question in this forum So I will start here. NEW Lectric Bike, 21 miles on it, using under power does not seem to matter if pedaling or all throttle, display suddenly flashes E and goes blank. Shows full battery. Remove Battery, insert Battery I get power again for some times a few hundred feet and it does it again. Thoughts?
If not that, I would just call Lectric or email them, they may have an idea right away what this is our at least what else to check to diagnose.

Sounds like what happened to my bike. I received it on June 25th, and after only 6 miles it would shutoff. I turned the key off and back on again and like you it would only go maybe 50ft and the screen would go blank. In my case it never gave an error code. It was like someone turned the key off.
Lectric had me check all the connections to the controller after watching a video link they sent. It was determined to be a battery problem with some bad cells. That was their guess anyway. A new battery was sent, and 150 miles later there has been no issues at all.

Sounds like what happened to my bike. I received it on June 25th, and after only 6 miles it would shutoff. I turned the key off and back on again and like you it would only go maybe 50ft and the screen would go blank. In my case it never gave an error code. It was like someone turned the key off.
Lectric had me check all the connections to the controller after watching a video link they sent. It was determined to be a battery problem with some bad cells. That was their guess anyway. A new battery was sent, and 150 miles later there has been no issues at all.
I just checked the cables all are tight / well connected. Will be contacting them in AM.

Back